Negligence

~Yagen Toushirou~
薬研 藤四郎

Yay Sada-chan is coming~~

Having so many requests tokens from the latest UTC makes me wonder if there's a smithing event coming soon.. (I have 85 tokens now, but other saniwas had like 200+ which is surprising..)

--------------------------------------------------------

"What happened?"

A serious expression was seen hanging on his face as he looked at the unconscious sage in Hasebe's arm. Not wanting to stir an argument with him, he led Hasebe to the resting room for swords who are under repair. The sword then carefully laid her down on the futon, before moving aside while the tantou took some necessary supplies from the cabinet and knelt down, wearing his glasses.

"Forgive me, General." Yagen said with an apologetic face before removing her long sleeved haori, revealing her in a sleeveless white kimono top. Checking to see if she sustained any injury, he was glad that there weren't any serious ones. But when he felt around her head, he noticed a bump at the back of her head. He was about to ask the other sword how the injury came before the latter broke the silence.

"It was my fault."

At the battlefield, she was behind the team, concentrating the power input she gave to each sword. As the enemies appeared, a formation was chosen.

It was a long distance attack before the actual fight.

But it aimed for their master behind.

"Aruji!" Hasebe turned his head abruptly and headed to his master, letting his equipment sustain the damage. Fortunately she was safe, but she was so shocked that she fell from the horse, hitting the ground head first. Hasebe couldn't catch her on time, as he was calling the team to retreat.

"For now, just let her rest." Yagen said calmly, after knowing the cause of the injury. Bandaging her cuts with medicinal herbs, he then moved her, from a supine to a lateral position, afraid that the bump would worsen if he let her lie flat against the futon. Covering her up, he packed the supplies back to the cabinet before walking up to the sword, grabbing his collar upwards.

"I'll not forgive you if you make her suffer any injury again."

"I am deeply sorry."

Releasing his grip, he asked Hasebe to leave as he stood by her side, watching over her silently.

~~

Evening. 

The sage lifted her eyes open, checking her surroundings. A dull pain hit her,  causing her to wince and feel for the back of her head, shocked to feel a bump.

"General, you're awake."

"Yagen.."

He was relieved to see her awake.

He was afraid that she would lose her memories.

"How... long have I been out?"

"About ten hours. It's 8pm now."

Answering her inquiries, his small hands went to feel for the bump at the back of her head. It decreased in size, but it was still painful to the sage.

"General. How many fingers am I pointing out?"

He showed three fingers to her.

"Three. Yagen, I didn't hit my head to the point where I can't see properly." The sage complained, wanting to stand up before being stopped by him.

"Rest. You'll feel dizzy if you stand up suddenly. Moreover, your injury is still not fully healed yet." The tantou said without any honorifics, exerting strength to his hands on her shoulder, forcing her to lay back down. Yagen then called for Hasebe to come into the room.

"Aruji, please punish me for my incompetence." Hasebe said as soon as he knelt down in front of her.

"It's fine-"

" As her secretary, this is not fine at all." Yagen interrupted her, sending his glares at the kneeling sword.

Yagen's really angry..

The sage thought, wanting to say out some words before Yagen continued.

"So take care of her until General's fully recovered. She's in your hands from this moment onward." Yagen said before he stood up and left the room.

"Hasebe, he forgave you." The sage said, smiling at him who was still feeling surprised at the sudden declaration from the tantou's mouth.