Cause

~Kogitsunemaru~
小狐丸

Requested by hastiabd!

----------------------------------------------

It has been days since Taroutachi was destroyed. 

Mikazuki was in a tough situation with his master currently in her room now.

"Aruji!-"

"You murderer! I could have saved him!"

"How! How are you going to save him when you are severely injured back then! You wouldn't be sitting here if I didn't interfere with Kogitsunemaru!" 

The sage couldn't make out any words to rebut what he had said to her. Standing up and leaving her room with anger still filled in his head, he saw the fox standing near to her room. 

"Brother-" Before he could talk to him, he had brushed past himself, feeling the wind behind as he left. The sage was crying, still bitter about the loss of the oodachi.

~~

Everytime Kogitsunemaru tried to approach her, he would be forced to leave as he could not defy the power of binding. 

He was sure that he was hated by her for killing one of his fellow friends. 

That fateful day, both of them were running towards her room after they heard the commotion. The sage was sprawled on the ground with a pool of blood, while the sword was holding his sword up, ready to give her a fatal blow.

"Taroutachi! What are you doing!" Mikazuki shouted at the ominous figure. He then turned behind and lashed towards the sword, barely blocking his attack. The fox then went behind him and stabbed him, causing him to howl in pain. With a swing of his large sword, he then jumped a few steps backward with the bloodied sword in his grip.

He didn't want to kill his comrade. But before he could tell his brother, Taroutachi then returned to normal as his sword broke into pieces.

"Take care of.... Aruji..." He then disappeared into thin air after telling them his final words. 

"Kogitsunemaru! Go get Yagen here with his supplies and inform the government! Hurry!" He shouted, returning the fox back to his senses. Right, his master's life was at stake currently.

As he ran off, he prayed to the gods that she would be fine as he turned his head to look at the sage.

~~

And that was how it caused the drift.

Biting his lips, he knew that he needed to repair it as soon as possible. She did not consume anything since she woke up, and kept on using her power. This would surely tire her out.

Sliding the door open, the sage was sleeping with her back faced towards him. Setting the tray of food on the table, he sensed something ominous, and quickly turned behind to see her attempting suicide. Knocking the blade off her hand with his quick reflexes, he then pinned her down and tried to control the situation.

"Let me go! Let me die!"

"Nushi-sama! Wake up! Taroutachi is gone from this citadel, and he'll return if you smith him!" He shouted at her in attempt to calm her from the hysteria. It was proven effective as the sage stopped moving and looked at him blankly.

"But it'll not be him anymore... Not the one that was my first secretary..."

"Then you can make memories with him! They can be forgotten, but they can be recreated to form new ones!" 

The sage then cried out loudly at the loss. She was still in deep sorrow after a few days, and his words seemed to make her realise that he was indeed not in her citadel anymore. Loosening his grip on her wrists, the fox then picked her up and let her lie against himself, telling her to cry out as much as she wanted.

The patch was finally repaired.