Allergy

~Heshikiri Hasebe~
へし切 長谷部

Requested by AnToN1A_Ma1A!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Stop it, Tsurumaru! And Mikazuki, stand right there!" The two kids then stopped dead in their tracks as they heard footsteps coming nearer to them. The angry sage then turned them around and flicked their foreheads as a warning for running around while not under her watch.

"Don't do that again, okay? What if you get hurt by other swords who've attained the highest level?"

"For you! Hahah!" The crane then took out a few nuts from his sleeve and presented it to the sage.

Oh no, she thought.

Backing away, she tried to control her sneezes as she asked them to call for Hasebe quickly.

"Aruji! Are you alright!" He asked anxiously as the sage kept sneezing, erratic breaths soon taking over. He immediately recognised that it was her allergic reaction to the nuts that the crane was holding in his small fists. Carrying her up, he then hurriedly took her to Yagen before asking Ichigo to take care of the two young swords.

~~

"I am sorry..." The duo apologised with a bow, feeling bad for causing her trouble.

"Well... It's not your fault."

"Aruji!-"

"Hasebe, it's fine."

Sighing at the two kids, she then imagined the future where both of them attained the highest level. Looking at their stats in the manual, they were certainly one of the stronger swords except Tsurumaru who places last according to his rarity and weapon type.

"Hasebe, look after the kids with me tomorrow. I don't think I can handle it alone after what happened today."

"As you wish. Please turn in for the night. Aruji must be tired from all the work today, so I'll finish the paperwork."

"Thank you. I'll take them to their rooms before I sleep." Standing up, she then ushered the kids to their respective rooms, walking around the citadel afterward before returning to her office. She was surprised to see Hasebe asleep on her table. All the work were completed as well.

"Good night." She said softly as she covered him with her haori before leaving quietly.