Beans

~Tsurumaru Kuninaga~
鶴丸 国永

The infamous crane makes its debut~

Leveling up my jiji seems to take a long time.. (24 now)

Same goes to my tantous too... Especially Aizen and Yagen..

Enjoy~

--------------------------------------------------------

It was a usual morning, except that you were up slightly earlier than usual. Changing to a more presentable attire, you went to the kitchen without waking any swords up in their deep slumber.

Reaching for the cabinet, you took out the equipment needed to brew coffee. It was bought at a department store when you travelled back to your world to visit your family. Setting up the coffee maker, you started boiling water. Bringing your nose near to the packet of coffee powder, you inhaled the scent of coffee powder as footsteps were heard before the door was slid open. It was no other than the joker crane.

"Ehh~ Aruji, you are up early~" Rubbing his eyes, he yawned, apparently not fully awake yet. 

"I am making coffee! Ahh, it reminds me, you guys haven't tried coffee before, didn't you?"

"Coffee? I would like to try!" Walking a few more steps closer to you, he observed as you took a spoon and scooped the ground coffee powder into the paper filter, which was already placed in a funnel-like glass jug. Using the cloth, you took the handle of the kettle and began to pour the water onto the powder, forming a muffin-like shape with a dark brown colour as more water was poured in. Liquid seeped through the filter, giving out the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. 

"Wahh... It smells nice~" Tsuru said with a mesmerized expression, as if he was drowned in the sea of roasted coffee. Removing the filter, you poured the coffee into a teacup. To make it sweet, you added two cubes of sugar and stirred before tasting. 

"Mmm~ It's the best!"

"Hey, let me drink some!" Taking the teacup from you, he drank a mouthful before spitting out on your face. You were in utter shock, and wiped the liquid off your face. A stare was sent to him.

"What is this?! It's bitter!! Aruji, how can you-" The crane complained before welping like a puppy as he noticed your glare. 

A flaming Aruji, as how he would describe.

"You idiotic crane!! How dare you waste my twenty-dollar worth of coffee powder bought from my favourite cafe!? Stable duty unless I dismiss you!!" Screaming at the top of your voice, the crane then scurried out while you went back to your room to get changed.

~~

After a whole day of expeditions and healing job, you were exhausted. You were reminded about the crane, and decided to dismiss his stable duty since you felt guilty for treating him badly. As you reached the stables, the semi white-brown crane was seen lying on the grounf with his back facing you. You thought the worse, and rushed towards him.

Oh no, what have I done..

"Hey Tsuru! Wake up! What's wrong-" Shaking him, you called his name, attempting to make him conscious.

But it was all a lie, as he opened his eyes and stood up, dusting his semi-coloured kimono which turned brown due to the mud.

 A vein popped.

"It's a joke~" 

"It's not funny!! What if you are really injured?! Am I supposed to leave you there and die while I go back to my citadel?!" The sudden burst of anger surprised him, as he had never seen you so furious with his own jokes and pranks.

It was overboard this time.

Tears soon form in your eyes as you said to him. Turning to leave him, he grabbed your wrist and pulled back, only for you to meet his embrace.

"Let me go you-" 

"I am sorry. I.. was overboard." A clear voice was heard beside your ear as you stopped struggling. It was the first time he apologised in such a manner. He would normally just brush it off with his laughter.

But this time, the crane realised that he was wrong.

He was afraid that you would leave him alone; the exact reason why he joked around. 

He just wanted people to notice him, to look at him with their own eyes.

Including you as his dear master who breathed life into his human body.

Embracing even tighter, he buried his head in your neck, hiding his face in it. The anger soon dissipated, and you returned to your calm self once again. You put a hand on his back, patting like as if how you would pacify a lost child.

"Just don't do it again, okay?" 

"Mmm."