Awry

~Shokudaikiri Mitsutada~

燭台切光忠  

Requested by AnToN1A_Ma1A!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Micchan, what's for lunch?"

"Oh, Aruji! Done with all the repairs?" He greeted her as he finished plating the food. It had a nice aroma and she went forward to see what he had cooked after doing a stretch. Repair work always shaved some of her strength off significantly and a hot meal was exactly what she needed the most. His cooking reminded her of her mother.

"Chazuke! My favourite! Let's taste it..." Getting a spoon, she dipped and scooped up rice mixed with green tea and bonito flakes before sending it into her mouth, making a long 'hmm~' and gave a thumbs up. The eyepatch blushed a little at her reaction.

"I'm glad that you like it, Aruji. Oh, come to think of it, the tantous are planning a mass picnic at night."

"What..? A picnic at night? Isn't that supposed to be a 'party'?"

"Well... I'm not sure too..."

"Hmm... I'll think about whether to approve it or not."

~~

As the trio, namely Taikogane, Atsushi and Midare finished their speech, they had hoped that she would praise and applause. Sadly, she didn't. The sage was just deep in thought before rejecting their proposal with a flat 'No'.

"Why! Isn't it perfect? A picnic under the moon where it is at its fullest! Don't you like it, General!"

"Hey... A full moon doesn't mean that a picnic is needed, Atsushi. Did Jirou or Nihongou tell you that?"

The boys then excused themselves as they went to a corner and discussed further. The sage was just staring at them with her hand supporting her chin before they came forward.

"For just this time...? Please?" They begged, showing their index fingers.

"Don't think that I'll say 'Yes' just because you three are showing me with your puppy eyes."

They completely ignored her and continued their acts.

"Aruji, it's me"

"Ichi-nii!"

The turquoise-haired sword entered her study with some sweets and tea. Noticing his brothers, he smiled before turning his attention to her.

"I hope they didn't bother you, Aruji..."

"They've been trying to get my approval for their night picnic."

"What...? You..." He turned around to face the tantous after knowing the situation, ready to give a lecture before she spoke.

"Just this once. No more."

"Yay~~ Let's inform everyone and prepare!" Taikogane pulled the duo with him and ran out of the study without closing the door back, prompting a shout from Ichigo before he bowed down abruptly. "I apologise for the trouble that they've given you, Aruji."

"It's been some time since everyone had some serious fun. Just don't forget that we have lots of sorties to complete the day after, Ichigo. Go spend the time with them. I am fine with myself."

"Eh? Is that okay? The secretary's supposed to stay with you at all times..."

She shook her finger and pointed the door, sending her eyes towards that direction as well. He knew what her intentions were by then.