Sake (酒)

~Jiroutachi~
次朗太刀

My first angst x fluff touken fanfic.. Don't hunt me down ><

Just want to say thanks to @unlimitedtears for the comment!! It really encouraged me to write more and better oneshots!! I was so happy when I read it~ So keep the comments rolling in~

Enjoy~

--------------------------------------------------------

The first time you had alcohol was when Jiroutachi was first forged. It all happened outside the smithing shop.

"Hi! I am Jiroutachi~ Hmm... Seems like my brother Taroutachi is not here yet... What, you don't seem to welcome me huh.. But anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you!! Come let's drink up!" Just after his introduction, the oodachi shoved your mouth with sake, celebrating with you being his master.

That was a traumatic experience you had with alcohol.

Afterwards, you disliked the taste and smell of sake wafting around the citadel. You found it repulsive and often caused you painful headaches. A certain candle cutter had to constantly remind the drunkard and fellow drinker Nihongou to keep away their sake jugs from you.

"Jirou, don't drink infront of me. I hate that smell, to be honest. We've got a front line battle to do later. Drink when we come back victorious." You tugged on his kimono sleeve and nagged at him, still unawake from his drinking last night. Grabbing a basin, you scooped water from the pond and splashed him, causing him to wake up and wipe his face. His makeup was smudged.

"Really?? Then I will make sure you drink till you say 'Jirou is my best sword'!"

"Yeah yeah... Time to wake up. Go review the troops with Ishikiri. I want your team to be equipped these troops. Ishikiri will take Kohibari while you will take Hanakoji. The rest can choose what horse they want to ride." Passing him a small piece of paper written with the troops you want them to equip, you made your way back to your room.

~♤~

You were finishing the paperwork you needed to hand in to the government when Jiroutachi informed you that they are ready for the battle in Ikedaya Inn. To you, this battle was special as it was the last map to conquer before ending the whole fight with the historical revolutionists, and thus made the decision to go with them despite protests.

Wearing a body fit combat suit armed with a bow, arrows and a specially made uchigatana, you were ready to go for the battle. Jiroutachi had just finished checking everyone's equipment and troops. He trotted his horse towards you with a rather glum expression.

"Aruji, are you sure you wanna come with us? It's not our fault if we lose the battle." He said, gaining a glare from you. You were about to hit him while he put his hands up defensively. Scoffing at him, you raised your hand to signal for the start of the battle.

~♤~

"Mitsu! 2 o' clock direction!!" Mitsutada swung his quick reflexes, slaying the enemy wakizashi into half. At the same moment, you cut down the corrupted tachi, ending its life.

"One down, five more to go." Heaving a breath, you took a moment to briefly look around the battlefield. Mitsutada and Jiroutachi were handling 2 naginatas and 1 yari while Izuminokami was handling 2 uchigatanas. Kasen and Honebami was heavily injured and thus unable to fight on, leaving the rest a hard time to slay the enemies in one swift cut like they used to in the previous battles. Deciding to support Jiroutachi's side, you galloped your horse towards their location when an enemy wakizashi suddenly appeared above from a tree and launched towards you who didn't notice it at all.

Crimson splattered.

The last enemy sword was slayed.

Jiroutachi was horrified and gritted his teeth. He immediately dashed towards you who was barely conscious. To be accurate, you were barely clinging onto the lifeline.

You had a long cut across your chest;blood gushed out from the wound uncontrollably.

"Aruji!! Hang on!! Stay with me!!" Jiroutachi shouted as he tore a part of his kimono sleeves and pressed it on your wound, trying to reduce the bleeding. Every breath you made seems to take much strength away;weaker as time goes. He tries to carry you and head for the citadel immediately, but you stopped him.

"J-Jirou... Listen. B-Bring me to Hone and Kasen... I-I will heal them first, then b-bring me back to the citadel.. P-Please..." You murmured, barely making out the words from your mouth. Your eyes were soon closing. The colourful torn sleeve was soaked with blood, turning into a crimson colour, and yet the bleeding did not stop. The oodachi then reluctantly complied, carrying you in bridal style. Putting you down gently on the ground, you focused and invoked your healing powers, closing all the wounds Kasen and Honebami had. This ritual drained most of your strength, collapsing as soon the last cut was closed back.

"L/N! Hang on!" Jiroutachi said your name out loud, in which you gave a gentle smile.

The sky rumbled, and rain started to fall.

~♤~

"Aruji!! You're still not fully healed yet! Eat Shokudaikiri's cooking!" The oodachi appeared and took your half-drunk wine glass away.

"What?! Can't I drink?! I've fulfilled the promise, so I can drink..."

You tried to snatch it back, but he accidently dropped it on the ground, breaking the glass into pieces, spilling the red wine all over. Jiroutachi then formed a cheeky smile, putting his hands up defensively.

"Hey Jirou~ I heard my name back then. Care to explain~?" You tumbled and sat yourself down on the corridor, enjoying the sakura view while drunk. He did likewise, and answered your question.

"Because I don't want to lose you. I was really scared that you might leave us alone... As our master, we shall serve you till this war ends."

Jiroutachi slipped his arms around your neck and buried his head, leaving you blushing like mad. You are really sober now.

"I need you, and so do the others. So please don't leave us."