Hidden

~Hotarumaru~

Idea from @erichi! Thanks a lot for your idea!! (I don't know if this fits your imagination, ahha~)

Enjoy ^^
-------------------------------------------------------

"Daydreaming again?"

"Yep."

Both of us sat side by side on the porch, staring deep. We weren't looking at anything specific, but just staring into blank space. It was fun to me, acting as a breather from endless paperwork and chores.

"Erm... Can I tell you something, Aruji?"

"Sure. What do you want to tell me?"

"How do you cope with the losses, negative feelings or stress you felt over your life?"

I turned to look at him, surprised that he asked this kind of question. Turning my head back, I answered him.

"Well, I think back of the good times I spent with everyone. Remember that time when Mitsu wore his shirt in the wrong way and didn't notice about it? Till this day I still laugh about it whenever I think of it."

Turning to look at him once again, I slightly changed my tone and continued.

"In the world that I live in, there are a lot of obstacles and mishaps from many things that I do. I always felt helpless and weak. Being fooled by lies, getting hurt from peoples' selfish acts... It's nothing new to me. Hugging my pillow and crying silently at night was a frequent thing that happened."

"O-Oh..." The little firefly changed his expression a little, feeling bad about making me think back about the bad things that happened to me last time. I gave a gentle smile and gave a pat on his head, assuring him.

"No matter what, be positive. It helps a lot! Secondly, calm down if you feel you're not yourself. Tell yourself that everything would be fine with the right solution. It'll make an effect on decision-making. Choices are important, and you have to make sure it is the right one and you do not regret from it, understand?"

"Yes.."

"Is there something bugging you? It's rare for you to ask me questions."

He cleared his throat before answering.

"I feel guilty for making my team suffer from my decisions.."

He was referring to the battle in Jokyu last week, where the team lost and 4 heavily injured swords, including himself. Thinking that he caused them their injuries, he blamed himself for it. It wasn't totally his fault. With enemies blocking their escape route, they had to fight and make a path out of it.

"Nobody knows if the choices they make are correct. Sometimes it's wrong, and yet sometimes it's correct. The only way is to make a choice that you trust in and not regret in it. I too, made decisions that caused other people trouble. Everyone is alive, aren't they?"

"Mmm."

"Then it's fine. Don't push all the blame to yourself. We are here, everytime. Speak out if you don't feel comfortable here." Placing a hand on my chest, I said with a small smile. It finally cheered him up, and I was really glad.

A cheerful firefly was what I wanted to look at.