Apologetic

~Iwatooshi~
岩融

Requested by lileewink

---------------------------------------------------------

The citadel was almost empty currently, with all three teams out for regiment battles. Everyday, she had to see them get battered up by the enemies and had to be carried back to the citadel with the help from the team members. For once she wished that the repair room would be empty for once, but that would be impossible with the ongoing battles. When she told one of the teams to stop, all she got was a thumbs-up and a big smile from each of them.

Honestly, greed crept into her heart silently the moment she heard the breaking news.

The goal was to get the new sword, Ookanehira. Remembering that Uguisumaru got so emotional after hearing the news, she felt that she just had to bring him back no matter what. A heavy burden was on her heart. What if he didn't come back? Will the marbler get depressed and shut himself in his room? Worries soon came running into her mind.

"...ji! Aruji!"

Turning her head abruptly to the source of the voice, it was Iwatooshi. Gesturing for him to sit down, she then let her eyes set on a gaze.

"Hey Iwatooshi, do you think I am a greedy person?"

"Gahahahhaa! Aruji isn't such a person! What's wrong?"

"Well... I agree that they've become stronger after the training, but they're still tantous. They are in disadvantage in terms of weapon types. There's this heavy feeling in my heart every time I see them in the repair room with injuries all over their bodies... It hurts me." The female said while putting her hand on her chest, feeling the unusually fast beat. 

Giving a moment to think about her words, he then made his reply.

"They told me that they feel happy when they're of good use of Aruji."

"W-What...?"

"Also, they want to take Ookanehira back to this citadel, just like how Uguisumaru felt."

Turning her head to look at him, she soon became teary-eyed, surprising the naginata.

"I am sorrrrryyy! I was scared that everyone would hate me because I just kept ordering them to go for sorties right after they're repaired! I didn't have enough time to clean up the repair room and there they are standing at the entrance half-dead with blood dripping from their injuries! You have no idea how I felt since the news was made known!" The sage said while crying loudly like a lost child. It shocked the naginata honestly as he wasn't sure what to do to calm her down as Gotou soon came running.

"G-General! Why are you crying! Iwatooshi, what happened!"

"Aruji felt guilty since she kept sending the kiwames out to the frontlines, that's all..."

"Is that so... Come on General, stop crying! You're making me sad as well!" The tantou said while trying not to let his emotions take over him.

"Smile, Aruji!" Wiping her tears off, Iwatooshi then pinched her cheeks gently to make a smile on her reddish face.

And indeed, it was the best smile that he ever saw.

--------------------

23k more to go for Ookane. Hope everyone's doing well for the event :)