Endless

~Oodenta Mitsuyo~

 大典太 光世  

Requested by Yura024! Hope you've enjoyed it! :)

------------------------------------------------------

Sitting down along the long stretch of corridor, she looked above the sky who was drizzling, making the weather cooler than the usual summer heat.

Something haunted her mind.

"Hey, you. Why are you sitting here?"

The sage flinched a little at his tone. Turning her head, the gloomy sword then looked into her orbs. Immediately she broke the eye contact and looked down, dare not to look at him again.

"I just want to sit here, can't I?"

Only the sound of raindrops was heard before he spoke again. "Are you sick?"

"Eh? I am not..."

"Then why do you look like you are sick? Something's bugging your mind, am I right?"

"Y-Yes.."

"Tell me." The said sword then sat beside her, looking at the dark skies as he waited for her to speak.

"I had a huge fight with Mitsutada earlier.. and I don't know how to approach him."

~~

Earlier in the morning, she stepped out of the smithing room, only to meet the eyepatch who furrowed his brows.

"Aruji-sama! Stop smithing! You've exceeded the minimum requirement for smithing!"

"I know! I just want to smith a few more times since I haven't done it once in a while! What's wrong with that?"

"Smithing spends up most of your spiritual power! You know yourself best! Completing the daily smithing sessions was already hard to you! Remember when I found you unconscious in that room because you smithed for five times in a row! I don't want that to happen to you again!"

"Stop acting like you're my mum or something! You don't have the right to interfere!" As she rebutted, she realised what she had said. Covering her mouth in reflex, she then ran off and hid at the stables until she made sure that everything was clear.

And now she didn't know what to do now. Apologise? Surely he wouldn't accept it, she thought. His shocked expression was deeply engraved into her mind after she said those words to him. It was awful.

"You should just go and apologise to him. Stop wavering and make up your mind."

"B-But-"

"You're the one at fault. Go and apologise." Mitsuyo looked at the sage who slightly trembled before standing up and leaving her alone. Thinking about his words, she mustered up her courage and went to the kitchen.

"I am sorry for what I said to you, Mitsutada!" She said, giving a bow towards the sword. Taken aback, he hurriedly grabbed her shoulders and forced her to straighten her body.

"A master should not steep his head low to his subordinates! I am also at fault,  I shouldn't raise my voice at Aruji-sama..."

Both then apologised again. Laughs soon filled the kitchen as she helped out for lunch.

"Hehe... Interesting master I have.." Mitsuyo gave a silent laugh as he looked at the pair who was busy preparing food for the citadel.