Pluviophile

~Shishiou~

獅子王  

Requested by hasamisama!

----------------------------------------------

Ending the battle after the last enemy was taken down, the dark skies rumbled before she felt droplets of water falling down. Keeping the sword back to its scabbard, she stretched her hand out, feeling the heavy rain before it abruptly stopped. Looking at the sword with annoyance, Shishiou grinned before leaving his jacket to her as a cover.

Returning to the citadel, she did all the repair work before taking a warm shower. As she sat down to write the report, the sound of the rain became even heavier. It was her favourite time before a knock on the door disrupted her attention. Asking him to come in, yokan was served with a cup of tea. 

"Thanks, Shishiou!"

"Don't stare at the rain for too long, you have reports to be handed up by today. Do you need my help?"

Shaking her head, she swallowed the last bite of the sweet down before realising the rain had stopped. Pouting at the loss, she buried herself in work.

~~

Placing the paper into the envelope and sealing it, she stretched her body to ease her shoulder aches before looking at the empty room. Weird, she thought. The temperature was unusually warm when it was raining heavily earlier. Standing up, she went to the kitchen to get some water before bringing her palm to her head. Leaning against the wall, she started to feel giddy. "Shit... The rain earlier..." She muttered, placing the cup in the sink before leaving the kitchen. All she could hear was the ringing sound lingering in her ears before she heard someone calling her.

"Shishi...ou?"

"Aruji! Ah! Your face is so red! Are you sick!?"  Before she could make a reply, her body went limp and fell towards him, surprising him. Feeling for her temperature at her forehead as he held her with his other arm, he panicked before his furry pal, Nue, ran off towards the sparring hall. Hitting himself in his head, he realised that Yagen was at the sparring hall training his brothers at this time. 

"Right...! Ah, why didn't I think of that.... Thanks, Nue!" Taking her arm and draping it over his neck, he took her back to her room and worked quickly as he set the futon out. The female regained consciousness by then, but her vision was so blurry that she thought someone had entered her room. Holding the hem of his jacket tightly, she mumbled. "W-Who... are you... Get out..."

"It's me, Shishiou! Yagen's going to be here soon, so just lie down and rest, okay? Here!" Carrying her again and placing her down, he realised that she was crying. Coaxing her like a child, she soon fell asleep, loosening her grip on his jacket. The door soon opened and closed quickly as the tantou came with Nue behind him.

"Thanks, Shishiou. This could have gone worse quickly if not for you. She just needs a few days of rest." Tucking her hand back under the blanket after reading her pulse, he went off to prepare the medicine as Nue went beside the futon and snuggled beside the sage. 

"Thanks, pal." He said as he ruffled its fur playfully.

-------------------------------

He's so damn adorable /// v /// 

Shinano's kiwame is going to be out soon~ (cheers