Potion

~Kousetsu Samonji~
江雪 左文字

Requested by Fathrui99!

--------------------------------------------------------

"Nope, I am in dreamland... Yes! I am in my dreamland!" She told herself excitedly and pinched her cheek, only to see the same view in front of her. Her excited expression soon turned into a shocked expression.

Kousetsu was now a child.

"Nee-san... Who are you..?" He said as soon as he woke up to the small commotion.

She had no idea how to answer his question. She couldn't just tell him that "Hi I am F/N and I am your master" and just walk off. He would think that the female in front of him was a lunatic.

"Kousetsu..."

"How did you know my name? Who are you, nee-san?" He asked once more.

She sighed as she took the child in her arms and stormed towards where Yagen was.

~~

"I am deeply sorry for this... General."

He bowed down lowly as he said, guilty of what he had done.

A few hours earlier, he had developed something that treats common colds in swords. Kousetsu was having a cold, and thus became his test subject.

And there was another problem. 

How can he be reverted back to his usual form?

"If Kousetsu can't change back, you are seriously in big trouble, Yagen Toushirou. You're lucky that I didn't tell Ichigo about this."

He gulped at her words, not daring to test his newly-made potions on the other swords anymore. What's done has been done. Nothing could save him from the situation that he was in now.

"Any weird or poisonous substances inside that potion?"

"No, it's purely made out of herbs. I think the effect might last the whole day. I did test it out on myself for that fact."

"The fact that you're using your body to test all those newly-made medicine is enough for me to dismantle you, Yagen. My patience is hitting the maximum level right now."

"Once again, I deeply apologise for my acts, General."

As the sage was talking with Yagen, the child grabbed her shoulder length hair and pulled, causing her to fall forward.

"Uwah! Oww... Kousetsu!Kou...setsu..?"

He was gone from her sight.

~~

"K-Kousetsu-dono! What happened?" Ichigo said while squatting down and holding the kid on the shoulders. He could not believe the sight in front of him. Kousetsu is a child now? For once he actually thought that he was seeing things because he was too tired.

"Who are you, nii-san?"

"W-What..? N-Nii-san...? I am Ichigo, Kousetsu-dono!" He told him his name while looking up to see the sage with Yagen behind her.

"Yagen, don't tell me you caused this...?"

"...Yes. I am sorry, Ichi-nii."

"Ichigo, don't be mad at him. He just wanted to help Kousetsu recover his cold. Hey, Kousetsu! Nee-san is here, so do you want to play?" She crouched down and asked him, hoping that he would say 'yes' to her request. Perhaps this will the best time to close the gap between them ever since he came to her citadel.

"I'll play with nee-san then... Bye, Ichi-nii." His small hand waved at the dazed tachi as she picked him up in her arms and went to the courtyaard, happy at his agreement.

~~

"Shh.. He's asleep now." The sage made the motion while putting her index finger on her lips as Sayo and Souza entered the room. Kousetsu was tucked in comfortably in the futon, sleeping soundly despite their loud entrance.

"It's been sometime since I was so close with him... It's a good start, right?" She said with an awkward smile, hoping for their agreement.

"Don't worry, Aruji. I am sure that he would be closer to you once he reverts back to normal."

"Is that so... Thank you, Sayo. It's getting late, so turn in for the night. Have a good rest to both of you." 

Seeing them out from her room, she then gazed at the sleeping child and smiled as she slipped into the futon with the slightest movement possible.

~~

Dawn.

As she fluttered her eyes open, all she saw was Kousetsu being back to his usual form.

"Kousetsu! You're back to normal!" She said elatedly, wanting to throw herself towards the figure before stopping her actions.

"I deserve nothing but death for what I've done, Aruji. Please dismantle me."

"Huh..?" 

She did sleep with him last night in the same futon.

...Oh.

Oh.

"I-I am sorry... Kousetsu... I got too happy yesterday..."

The day went by as she tried to repair the gap between her and Kousetsu once more.