Healer

~Mikazuki Munechika~
三日月 宗近

Requested by AkimotoKumiko2!

---------------------------------------------------------

It was the same as last time.

As she jolted up from her bed while taking in huge breaths, it shook him awake as well.

"That dream again, F/N? Look at me... I am with you now, so don't worry." Caressing her cheeks, he gave a peck on her forehead and brought her into his bosom as she let out her cries.

~~

"...ruji...Aruji..!"

"Yes..? Hasebe? Why are you here?"

The sword was clearly worried for her as he set the monthly report on her table. Flipping through, she checked before placing it on another pile of reports.

"Thank you for the work. Is there anything else? If not, you may leave, Hasebe."

"Excuse me." Closing the door, he then saw the sword with his cup of tea.

"Please take good care of Aruji, Mikazuki. She isn't herself these few days."

"I know."

"Then why aren't you doing anything?"

"This isn't something that I can help her recover in a day or something. It's a long-term treatment. I am sorry, but I know her better than you do, Hasebe."

Walking off to prevent himself from picking a fight with the old man again, the latter then looked at his own reflection in his tea cup.

"Will I be able to help her...?"

~~

"PTSD...?"

"Treatments will definitely help improve your condition. We'll do our best to help you, miss F/N."

She could remember what the doctor told her, and her first attack when she first came to the citadel. Everyone was shocked and stood back, all but one stood out and wrapped his arms around her to calm her down.

"I am here with you.... Always." He whispered as he patted her head gently. It helped, and both stood in that position for almost five minutes before she went limp. It was then he realised that she was unconscious, and tapped her cheeks.

"Yagen, take a look at her! She's out!"

"Just a rest will do, don't worry too much, Mikazuki. I'll take care of things from here."

~~

"Aruji, here's your medicine." Mikazuki entered her room with a tray in his hands. Handing her the pills and a glass of water, the female then sighed.

"Should I tell Ichigo to take charge of the citadel for a few days? You need some rest."

"No need, he'll collapse like the last time... Work load's bit heavy these few days. I am fine, Mikazuki."

"It's okay to rely on us sometimes, F/N. You know that well."

She didn't make a response to what he had said, but instead she held up a report that read 'Report on sorties and expeditions made from 1/1/2050 ~ 12/31/2050'.

"This. Do you know how to finish this in three days?"

He shook his head.

"See, that's the reason. I trust you guys in everything other than paperwork."

What she said was valid. Indeed, no one but her knows too well about the daily operations of the citadel.

Shaking his head, he then went behind her and parted her hair aside before placing his hands on her shoulder, giving a massage.

"It's a rare occasion, don't you think?"

"I am just doing the least as a sword. Never in my life where I gave someone a massage." He chuckled while adjusting the right pressure based on her reaction.

"I think I'll be cured if you do this everyday."

"I don't mind if it does."

Both burst out laughing as she continued her paperwork.

"Thank you for always being by my side, Mikazuki."

"It's one of my responsibilities as a sword, Aruji."

~~
#Notes

PTSD - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

An anxiety disorder that can develop after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event, or learning that a traumatic event has happened to a loved one.