Work

~Akashi Kuniyuki~
明石 国行

No hope on getting Fudou Yukimitsu... Grinding E4 till now but still no sign of him... :'( Even Monoyoshi isn't showing up.. Ichigo isn't dropping from boss node either.. T_T)

I don't know how you guys think, but I think my stories are getting worse? (In terms of plot)

Anyway enjoy this \○/
--------------------------------------------------------

"Akashi!! Don't escape!!" The sword ran off as you chased him around the citadel. Closing the gap in between, you caught the hem of his jacket and pulled to prevent him from running further. However the sudden pull caused him to lose his balance and fall backwards, landing on you as both fell flat on the grass, groaning in pain from the crashing impact.

"Ow ow..." You groaned in pain as Akashi stood up and brushed his jacket and pants. Handing out his hand, you took his hand and stood up, with his hand swiping off leaves from your tousled head.

"You alright? Are you asking me to do work again? Geez you're really treating me as a slave, aren't you?" Akashi readjusted his spectacles and was ready to walk off before you pulled on his jacket again.

"Not so fast, Kuniyuki. Go to the training grounds with your team. I'll be watching, so fight well! Equip troops as you like." He grumbled at the work he had to do, but he stopped rambling when you came closer to his ear and whispered, "Hotaru and Aizen are looking forward. Don't let them down!" Tapping on his shoulder, you trailed off to your room, leaving a determined tachi to prove his ability.

~♤~

"Hahhh~!" A slash was delivered towards the wakizashi, destroying it. Akashi wiped off the sweat and kept his sword back. It was a victory, with no lost troops and injured swords.

An 'S' rank victory huh... Not bad.

You thought as Hotaru and Aizen ran towards the tachi, and gave him a big hug.

"As expected, Kuniyuki is the best~! That's my brother!" Aizen said as he hugged him on the waist, with Akashi patting both of them on their heads as a way of giving thanks. You walked towards him, and said, "Good job! Another battle is coming up, get ready! Let's go, Hotaru and Aizen!" The little brothers cheered as you went back to the special room where you could observe Akashi and his team in action. This cutting edge simulated battleground was developed by the Government to let sages train their swords to a level where they are able to fight against the real enemies comfortably, decreasing their chances of getting injured. Cameras were also installed to analyse each sword's prowess and ability, thus enabling sages to manage their manpower well. However, it does have a disadvantage. Swords are immediately repaired should they get injured, a completely different situation from real battles. 

Wounds don't just magically heal.

Staring at the computer screen showing your team, a signal was shown, signalling the start of the battle. Each sword did their best, and soon it was the last enemy they had to defeat. This was when you realised something was wrong.

Eh..? That tachi... It's a real one?! Why it isn't a screen projected image!? 

You rushed out of the room and hurriedly ran towards the arena where Akashi was ready to slash the tachi, not knowing that it was a real enemy. Running down the steps, you seized Mitsutada's sword which was put aside, and unsheathed it. The eye patch was completely perturbed by your actions.

"Akashi!! Dodge!" you yelled. He was shocked at your presence, but nevertheless complied, as you slash the tachi into half, killing it. Stabbing the sword onto the ground, you collasped, heaving heavy breaths. Mitsutada then rushed towards you, with Akashi's hands on your shoulders.

"Arujiiii?! What in the world did you do just now?! Seriously, taking my sword away and slashing that real tachi?! At least tell me!! You don't cherish your life, do you?!" He took his sword back and kept it back to the sheath, scolding you like how your parents would.

You were about to speak when Akashi stood in front of you and explained.

"That time delay telling you about that tachi might kill me. Aruji was the first one to realise it, and she didn't bring her wakizashi along. Now Mr Candle Cutter, What do you expect her to do? Kill that tachi off with her bare hands? That's impossible. At least notice it earlier than her, eye patch. That eye of yours is really going to be useless if you can't even protect her from one single enemy, let alone a whole bunch of them." Akashi said as he earned a furious response from the candle cutter.

"You..." Mitsutada was flared up at his words when you used your power to knock him out cold. Everyone was shocked at his sudden unconsciousness, as his limp body crashed onto the ground.

"Nushi-sama.. You... How did you.." Kogitsune muttered, obviously shocked at your power. Nobody knew that you could drain consciousness from them as when you like it.

"I am your master after all. Hasebe. Take him back to the citadel. Tell him to meet me once he wakes up."

"As you wish." 

Soon everyone headed back to the citadel, leaving you and Akashi behind.

"Kuniyuki, you've gone too far this time. Make sure to apologise when you see him."

"Touch that reverse-scale, it can send even the tamest dragon into outrage. The same goes to that candle cutter. I got it, I'll apologize to him. Well, let's head back to the citadel." He then squatted down with his hands behind his back. You were baffled at first, but soon realised what he was going to do.

"You're hurt. Don't tell me you didn't realise it. Hurry, my legs are going numb." He gestured his hand, instructing you to get on his back. Only then you realised that your ankle was sprained. Staggering, you wrapped your hand around his neck, as he stood up with his hands supporting your legs. 

"I request for dangos when you are fully recovered. Don't forget, it's a promise!"

Geez, he only offered to help his injured master just to blackmail her for tasty dango balls.