Food

~Mikazuki Munechika~
三日月 宗近

Hi guys hope you enoyed the previous oneshots! ^^ Thank you for all the support! Enjoy~ Here's Jiji~~

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Jiji! Don't go to the kitchen!! You are prohibited except Mitsu and Hasebe!!" Tugging at those long blue sleeves, you managed to drag him away from the kitchen. Last time everyone almost got food poisoning if not for Naki's pet fox who managed to smell something from the food. Unfortunately, you who ate only a bite, fell sick and laid on your futon for 5 days before staggering to Mitsutada and asking him to cook your favourite grilled saba with rice and a bowl of miso soup. Bringing your mind back, you looked at the old sword.

"Mikazuki Munechika! Stay in the dining room for meals! Tell me when you are hungry and I'll whip up a few dishes! Stay there!" Turning him to face the dining room, you gave a gentle push behind. He smiled at your little act.

"Ha ha ha~ my master sure is a cute one~"

"I heard that Jiji! Don't call me 'cute'!" You said before leaving for the kitchen to help them hand out the breakfast to a bunch of 48 swords excluding yourself.

After breakfast everyone were in their respective work; some were out for battles and expeditions while some were in charge of duties. Your teams were all out except the old man since he had a frontline battle yesterday with his clothes all tattered and you had to repair it for him. Without his blue kimono he couldn't wear his armor or equipment; that equates to no battle. Sighing at losing such manpower just because his clothes tored, you begin to repair it, sewing thread by thread. While you were sewing, the old man say beside you and observed his clothing repaired bit by bit.

"Ha ha ha~ You are surely talented, my master~" Mikazuki looked as yet another tear was sewn back, closing the gap. You chuckled, almost pricking your finger at your own sudden laughter.

"Yep I am! I am your master afterall~" You continued sewing before the old man asked you something.

"Aruji, it would not be long when we will eventually separate from you."

You stopped moving the needle. Sighing, you put aside the half-repaired kimono. You stood out of the room and gazed at the sakura tree, and said "Mm. It ought to be. We do not belong to this time afterall. I'll visit every one of you guys in the museum!" Droplets soon form in your eyes, and yet you managed to squeeze a smile to the old, ancient sword. He made a gentle smile too.

"Please follow the promise if you could. That is the only way we could meet. Don't cry Aruji, we'll always remember you. Maybe we'll meet again when the government requires you and us again." Wrapping his arms around you, he calmed you as you broke down, unable to hold in anymore. All these years, you experienced blood, sweat and tears with your swords. From making meals to front line battles, they closed the gap between you and them each time, making it closer. Feelings soon develop, and you realised that it was hard to leave them, especially when all your battles are fought at Ikedaya. You knew it was time to end, and that pained you.

It was the most enjoyable time you had with them compared to your friends back in the working society.

Breaking the hug, you wiped off the tears and looked at his sea blue orbs.

"That's why I am going to enjoy these moments before I leave! Jiji you are hungry, aren't you? Come I'll make some dishes for you!" Grabbing his hand, you pulled him to the kitchen and see you whip up a few dishes you claimef to be your "specialty".

Soon the area around the kitchen was full of aromas and laughters bustling, as the old sword ate your special onigiri with excellent comments.