Cicatrix

~Taroutachi~
太郎太刀

-------------------------------------------------------

Scars come in many forms; some in physical state and some in mental state. They are never gone, remaining with you for an eternity;always reminding you what happened at that particular time frame.

They are traumatic.

You heaved deep breaths as you opened your eyes with fear. It was early morning;two hours to dawn, and no swords were awake at this time. Sitting up, you put your hand over your chest, trying to calm the mixture of fear and anxiety. Moving the blanket aside, you peered at your left forearm, staring at the long scar that stretches from your shoulder to your elbow. Wanting to feel it, you stretched your fingers, but you retracted back.

It has been five years since it happened.

You found yourself unable to go to sleep, and decided to prepare breakfast for everyone. Dressing yourself in a red hakama along with a white kimono, you stepped out of your room to see Taroutachi standing outside, still donned in his yukata. You were surprised at his presence.

"Oh it's you, Tarou. You have something to tell me?" You asked while tying your hair up.

"I have a sense that Aruji is not in her usual self. Are you alright?" The oodachi bent down (A/N: reader's height is 1.6m. Tarou's 1.96m) and looked at you with a worried expression. Brushing off his close face, you pretended that nothing was wrong with you, and said, "I am fine Tarou. Don't worry! Anyway, I need your help in the kitchen. Come!" Taking his arm, you dragged him to the kitchen.

"Help me wash the seaweed. I am making seaweed soup today." Thanking him, he went to the wash basin. Water was boiled in a pot to make tea and you took the handle, heading to the counter when the oodachi almost bumped to you, causing the water to spill on your forearm, scalding yourself in the process. You fell, hissing in pain.

"Aruji! Are you alright!" Taroutachi took the pot from you and grabbed your forearm to help you get up. Swinging your reflexes, you pried your arm away from his grip. The oodachi had a surprised expression on his face.

"I am fine. Get someone to help you in breakfast. I won't be eating with you guys." You stood up hurriedly and paced towards your room, keeping your fear in check. Reaching your room, you took off your kimono to reveal a red and swollen arm, not affecting the scar. A few blisters had formed, stinging you. You went to the bathroom and flushed your arm under running water for a full ten minutes before heading back to your room, cautiously looking around for any swords. Taroutachi soon appeared outside your room.

"Aruji, I am coming in!" You didn't give your reply fast enough to stop him from coming in. He put down the tray of food on your table. He saw the injury, including the scar. His mouth was slightly agape.

It was too late.

"You saw it, didn't you?"

"Yes."

No words were exchanged for a short while before he voiced out.

"What happened?"

He came closer and sat beside you. His hand took yours gently and took out a cooling gel from his sleeve. Applying it gently, he waited for your answer.

"I was almost killed by my uncle. Wanting to slash me, I used my arm to defend myself. I picked up a pistol and shot him on the head..." You told him your past, the fear rising from your heart again.

"...How bad?" 

"Down to the bone. I even required blood transfusion."

After bandaging your arm up, his slender fingers traced along the scar, feeling the uneven ridges. You flinched at his touch, apparently still sensitive at it. Tears soon form, streaming down your cheeks. He stretched his arms out, embracing you. His hands were long enough to completely envelope your small statue, feeling the warmth emanating from his body. Taroutachi ran his hand up and down on your back in attempt to soothe you.

"I am here, so please don't hide anymore. It's okay to let it out... It must be painful." He moved closer to your ear, whispering "I am always with you."

Those words seems to release you from the fear and stress you felt over your course of life, and wails were heard. You gripped his sleeves, in which he hugged even tighter. After a few moments, you broke the hug. He used his thumb and wiped your tears off as you sniffled. Holding your shoulders gently, he gave you a forehead kiss before looking into your dark orbs. He sought to heal your emotional cicatrices when he couldn't do away the physical one.

"I will always be with you."