Hide

~Yamanbagiri Kunihiro~
山姥切 国広

Floor 70 now.. Help tokens are getting lesser and lesser..

--------------------------------------------------------

"Are you going to hide forever in that cape of yours?"

No response was heard.

He was blaming himself for the near loss of a fellow sword, Shishiou.

"You idiot! Why did you take a blow from the enemy?! You could have just let me take the hit and let me die here!!" The caped sword grabbed on his shirt and scolded him, only to gain a weak smile from him, before losing consciousness.

"Yamanbagiri, stop it. Shishiou's heavily injured, so let's go back to the citadel. He's a priority." Oodachi Taroutachi said, carrying the injured boy up to his horse and headed back to the citadel.

Fortunately I was able to quickly repair him, and now he was walking around the citadel like nothing happened. But the self-acclaimed fake sword still couldn't go over the matter.

A knock was delivered on his head, rendering him to take off his cape and look at me angrily.

"What's wrong with-"

"Stop acting like a child! Snap it out! Stop blaming yourself for causing Shishiou's injuries! Isn't he alive and kicking?! He took the blow for you because he didn't want you to die in the battlefield! He saved his friend, his comrade!"

I shouted at him, making him come back to his senses. This was the first time I shouted at my sword, but it was inevitable.

"Sorry."

"It's okay as long you are aware of it."

At last he gave up hiding, and went to the lion's room to apologise.

But what the lion did was to laugh at him.

"Yaman! There's no need to apologise! It's everyone's part to watch each other's back right?"

"..Yeah."