Irene The Matron

2 Days before Winter Holidays

Irene's P.O.V

'Let me take a hold of you and show what are you made of...'

I move my head under the blanket and murmured to my phone alarm.

"Shut up Shad!"

Wait! It's my alarm tune!

I jerked up from my bed, maybe a little too hard, and caused myself to fall off my bed.

"Ouch!"

My back fell hardly on the ground so I got up and scratched it. Why was I mumbling Shad's name? My face heat up as I remembered my words.

What the hell was I dreaming off?

Anyways, I took a glance at my alarm on the table.

" 7:56... I could make it in time."

I wish this day would never come somehow if I could freeze time forever and never let it come to this day, I would do it but... the truth has to be faced.

I snapped my finger and everything stopped moving.

"*Sigh*"

I headed over to the bathroom and remove my Pajamas, I slip behind the curtain and let the warm water hit me as I repeated my biography to myself.

'I'm Irene the Matron, one of the divine warriors. Hundreds of years ago, We made a foolish mistake of taking over a job greater than what we could handle. Me and all the divines had made that decision of taking something so big, so costly...'

I bathed myself under the warm water and got out of the bathroom. While drying my hair, I continued my own biography.

'Back then we thought we could handle such powers. We thought it would be easy as those in stories of brave warriors and such, but yet one of the grave results upon receiving such power was immortality. We had to watch as all of our loved ones die right in front of us, one by one. But now we are ready, Ready to be free! To transcend this responsibility to a new generation with hopes that they would forgive us.'

By the time I finished my little life biography, I was in my school uniform. I got downstairs and looked around.

'This place is so empty... Mom used to greet me for breakfast.'

Hundreds of years ago, to be exact 900 years ago, this place used to be a castle. Where me and my mom lived in, it was so nice, busy and chattering by the servants filled the palace... to be precise, I was a princess.

As generations passed by, it was destroyed and now principle Chad had been so kind and considerate as to take each of us and give us houses.

I ate my breakfast and got out, across the street there stood Enki, Esmund and Kulzak with Manfia, frozen in time. I felt a little happy for them, they have transcended their power to their perspectives but I...

My thoughts were cut off by a strong wind passing by.

Wind? In a frozen time zone?

The next person who hadn't got rid of his powers was Shad. I sprouted my wings open and dashed after him.

"Wait up Shad!" I called after him but he didn't slow a bit.

"Shad!" I shouted.

He slowed down until I was flying by his side now.