For a little Meiw- I mean Human

Aphmau's P.O.V

The rest of the holiday passed like a blur, sure there are stuff that we did but nothing worth mentioning.
I lay on my bed eyes open, not because I couldn't sleep all night, it's because I've had enough sleep. I grunted and turned sideways hoping to get more sleep before the alarm goes on.

Beep
Beep
Beep

I switched my alarm off and went through the daily before school routine, taking a shower, brush my teeth, fix my hair, wear my uniform then downstairs I go. My mom was in the kitchen, making breakfast and her hair was fixed in a messy bun with a white apron. She smiled upon seeing me coming downstairs to the kitchen but I was too down to return the smile. I sat on my seat with my head on my hands, trying hard to process the information I got three days ago.

"Hey Meiha, why are you feeling so down?" My mom asked as she put a plate of tacos in front of me.

Usually I would go bananas over tacos but not even tacos could help me today.

"It's nothing mom." I bit down the tacos and my mom suddenly gasped.

"What?!" I asked confused. Her face indicated that she had seen a ghost or something.

"You never eat taco without spirit! What have done to my Meiha! Where is she?!"

We stayed a few minutes frozen just staring at each other, and then we both busted out laughing. Yea she is right; I never eat tacos without spirit. After our laughter died, I still had a big smile after that.

"That's my girl" she pinched my nose "now get ready so we'll get to school."

You might be wondering, what's wrong? Well this question is soon to be answered. I ate my tacos and drived with my mom to school, of course during the way we were listening to Beyoncé's songs and my mom kept humming to the song, other than the ride was pretty quiet.

"Bye mom!" I waved as she drove away.

"I can't believe it! The second round is about to begin!"

"I know right? It's pretty unbelievable; I just wish Aphmau wins this time. I don't want to walk around the school with a hair full of mayonnaise again."

"Ha! Yours is better, Aaron and his gang hanged me last year as the flag pole and you know what's weird?"

"What?"

"Aaron never laughs like the rest of his group does."

Suddenly my stomach felt like I just ate rocks and my legs refused to enter pass the school gates as I overheard the two girls talking. I've got to face the harsh truth. I mustered up my courage and passed the gates of the school; as expected upon entering the front gates nobody was there. The water fountain that was usually crowded with students, or those who are around just lazing out, all... It was as if it was deserted but I already know where they all went.

I slowly walked to the background of the school and the whole school was there, present, with Ross in the middle of the circle talking excitedly.

"Oh!" He said "and there comes our Soft rock! Please Aphmau, step up here!"

I nervously walked to the center of the crowd as everyone parted for me like the red sea. Suddenly, my stomach twisted in disgust.

"Now Soft Rock, you are in a really tight spot."

You don't have to tell me twice.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great sorrow that I must tell you Mr. Falcon won't be joining us."