Let you go

[FINALE 2]

Aphmau's P.O.V

"Aphmau, can you tell me in details what happens please?" Her voice became soft as she spoke.

"Well... it feels like I can't breathe and my heart is paining. My lungs stop working and my consciousness is as good as gone in a matter of seconds... I lose my balance and my whole body become a weight of its own."

Her gaze burned sharply as she looked at me through the phone lens.

"When was the last time you used a protection spell on yourself?" She questioned.

"Last week." I replied.

Then silence reigned. Irene was deeply lost in thoughts as she tried to think of something to say to me.

"I'll ask Laurence to check on Nether." She declared, making my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

"You also think it's a shadow knight?"

"I'm not sure." She shook her head in an attempt to calm me down, "but it's better to stay safe than sorry."

I sighed, a long, tired sigh letting out my frustration.

"Shadow knights were once smart but it could be the too much negative magic in this world that brought them here."

I nodded not knowing what to say.

She smiled on the phone, "Come on! Turn that frown upside down."

The corner of lips twitched as a ghost smile painted my face.

"That's my girl!" She exclaimed happily.

"I'll hang up now, it's getting late Irene."

"Yeah sure darling. I'll go check on Lilith on the time being, Byes!"

I hanged up and slid under my blankets.

Shadow knights...

I've read Irene's journals of them and they aren't something we can take lightly. They're as good as nightmares in living flesh as they walked around terrorizing people.

The way Irene described each of them made my skin crawled and my heart clench in pain. They could slice the heart off an innocent babe and not care.

Sinking deeper in my pillow, I felt homesick. I really want to go back home to mom but I have to do this on my own. I can get on my own.

My eyes lids became heavy and my consciousness swapped to the sweet darkness that engulf me to nothingness.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

The next morning was no difference but the temperature dropped even further.

I made my way to the grocery store down the block when I noticed a familiar someone.

"Aaron!" I called and waved across the street.

He paused from his jog and turned to face me. His face was dripping with sweat as he drank water to replenish.

I leaped across the street and made my way to him.

"It's cold but yet you're sweating." I noted.

"Exercising makes the difference." He replied.

Suddenly sinking in me, I noted. Aaron was here!

"You don't live here." I pointed out, making his lips twitch into a smile, "What are you doing here?"