The Cute Potato

"I'm going to do it!"

"Yeah, you can do it!"

"I can do it!"

"Yeah, you... What can you do?" My mom asked.

Skipping all the usual before school routine, I'm with my mom at the dining table, eating my breakfast.

"And why aren't you wearing your school uniform?"

Oh, yeah; and I'm also wearing a ninja outfit. Remember how I said last week that I'll talk to my friends about their mysterious disappearances, well they weren't helpful in providing me information so I decided to wear a ninja outfit and stalk them. Good plan right?

But I'm having second doubts, I mean if they are hiding something they just don't want me to see like a surprise or something then I would ruin their surprise.

Yeah, right. A surprise that takes a whole semester.

Okay, Now I'm determined.

"It's for the baking festival mom." I said as I shoved a spoon full cereal to my mouth and my tail wiggled up & down.

"Why didn't you say so? I hope you having a nice day Meiha."

She stood up and went to the kitchen; I drank the cup of milk that was on the table and dashed outside.

I looked left and right before running down the street Garroth with his brothers and Laurence, Dante and Travis were walking to school up ahead.

"Hey guys!" I smiled innocently.

"Hello Aphmau."

"Hello, Aph-Nya~" said Dante, who kept on teasing me for being a Meiw'fa.

"What's with the outfit?" asked Laurence who noticed it.

Before I could answer, Vylad answered for me.

"It's for the baking festival."

Nearly.

"Yea, the baking festival." I laughed nervously at that; I thought it was tomorrow right?

"It was today?" I whispered/asked Vylad when everyone lost interest in the conversation.

"Um, yea. It's today, you forgot?"

"W-What? Forget, oh no. Why would I forget?"

I totally forgot that the baking festival is today! I thought that was a lie for my mom to eat. Oh well, might as well enjoy the baking of the day; I walked with the guys, keeping a close eye on both Garroth and Laurence, they both were laughing and talking all innocently.

I know your secrets... I mean, I'll know your secrets!

They smiled at each other and talked while I not-suspicious-at-all kept on staring at them.

"Um, Aph." I snapped my head at Travis who took a step back.

"Are you okay? You burnt holes on the back of the poor guys from your stare. I-Is everything alright?"

I relaxed my expression and smiled at Travis.

"No, everything is alright." I smiled again to assure him; he got back to Dante and whatever he was doing. I swear, he spends way too much time with Dante.

I'm still watching you...

"Hey! Aphmau-Senpai!" A very high pitched voice called me from behind.

I flinched to the high voice and turned around to face Kawaï-Chan. She ran up to me and stopped right in front of me jumping up and down.

"Hi Kawaï-Chan."