Chapter 13

Ellie's POV:

I lay in bed and Ren lies down on the other side.

"Why are you fighting again, Ell?" She asks quietly.

"My parents are arguing and drinking again." I say as my eye waters up. I sit up and look around the dark room. There's only a little bit of light from the moon.

"You have to stop fighting random people. You could get killed!" She whisper shouts.

"I know, and I will stop." I reply. I sigh and lay back down. "Let's just sleep and skip school tomorrow. I don't want anyone seeing me like this."

"Ok, goodnight hoe." Ren chuckles. I slightly smile.

"Goodnight slut." I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

*dream ^-^*

I keep running through the forest as fast as I can. I hear his footsteps fade away. I slow my pace down to a jog and keep going through the forest. I look behind me and see nothing but trees and grass. I stop to catch my breath then keep walking.

As I keep walking I sense someone close by so I crouch down and look around. I look to my left and see him.. he's going the complete wrong way so I keep walking slowly. Every now and then I look over at him to make sure he doesn't see me. I look forward and see the highway. I walk a bit faster and when I finally reach the highway I run up and start waving my hands around, wanting someone to stop.

Then I see a familiar car. It pulls over next to me but then I get dragged away.

"Ellie!" My uncle yells. He gets out and chases after me.

"STAY BACK OR I SHOOT!" Zayn yells. My uncle (Trevor) puts his hands up.

"Please let her go.. she's already going through enough." Trevor begs. Zayn just laughs.

"Go though enough? Like what." He scoffs. Trevor sighs.

"Her parents are arguing and abusing her, please she doesn't need this." Trevor walks forward very slowly. Zayn stops for a seconds and his grip on me and the gun loosens. He lets me go and I quickly grab the gun. Zayn puts his hands up, and smirks.

"I'll get you back one day princess." He starts running away but I shoot his thigh. Trevor runs over and hugs me.

"You ok?" He asks looking at my face. I nod.

"I'm fine." I slightly smile. He hugs me again.

"I though we were gon-" he gets cuts of in the middle of his sentence. His face goes pale and he drops to the ground. Zayn stands there with a bloody knife. I shoot him in the head and he falls dead. I kneel down next to Trevor and tears start to stream down my face.

"No, no no.." I whisper. He coughs up blood.

"Ellie... I l-love you.." he says weakly.

"I love you too come on stay with me." I say as my tears fall on the ground.

"You.. w-were my.. f-favourite niece..." he weakly smiles, then he stops breathing and his eyes shut. I cry even harder on his chest. I take the gun and put it next to my head, I pull the trigger then everything goes black...

*dream over ^-^*

I sit up, sweating and panting. I look around my room and realise it was just a dream. I touch my face a fell the bandage on my face. I sigh and lay back down. I grab my phone and see that the time is 4:27am. I sigh and fall back asleep.