His Proposal - 57

Start from the beginning

Touching Ethan's arm, I say. "I'm going to go round back. I need you to take care of them." I nod towards the tree.

Ethan looks at the tree. "I've got them. Take care of your family. They're the only ones you have left."

"I will." I sneak around back and I see four guys at the side of the house. I look around my surroundings, but I missed one guy and I get tackled to the ground. I fight the guy until he smashes my head against the concrete. I see black dots in my vision.

Before I pass out I see things get thrown through the window and screaming coming from the house.

My eyes close.

 When I come through I hear

When I come through I hear. "I surrender. Please, leave my family alone."

"That's a noble thing you're doing, princess, but the boss wants the entire Knight Family." A guy continues. "He's going to be surprised when we tell him that we got the famous Carter McCafferty. He wasn't expected the ambush. Family is that guy's weakness."

Chloe steps over me.

I look up at her. "I'm sorry,"

Chloe is picked up and thrown over a guy's shoulder. She is put into a trunk.

A couple of minutes later, I am lifted up and thrown over someone's shoulder. The trunk is opened again and I'm thrown inside with my cousin.

"Chloe?"

The trunk is slammed shut again.

"Carter, can you get out of the cuffs?"

I sigh. "Yes, but I'm going to have to break my wrist to make that happen. You're going to hear a crack soon and then I'm going to get us out of here."

"Wait, Carter," She whispers. "I want some answers before you break your wrist."

"Okay," I reply.

"Who are these guys?"

"They are Martin's Mafia Family. They have been after our family for over a hundred years."

"Why?"

"It beats me, but whatever it's about they still seem bitter about it." The car starts to move. "Fuck," I yell. "You've made the escape a lot harder with your questions."

"When did you become such a..."

I cut her off. "The moment I saw my family killed. That kind of thing changes a person. I didn't have anyone that I had to look after unlike you. If they killed your entire family you would have changed too. You would want revenge on the people that took your loved ones from you."

"They took my parents too, Carter. You know that because you were there in those final moments. I don't want to escape. I want revenge on those who took my family. You can leave me, Carter, but I'm going to finish it tonight." I break my wrist and take the cuffs off. "Are you in?"

"Fine, if anything goes wrong it's all on you."

There's a bump on the road and I hear Chloe cry out in pain. "Chloe?"

"Something is sticking into my back and it hurts."

Turning on the torch it shines through the trunk, I say. "I had the torch hidden in my pants. These morons didn't search for me. I also have a gun in my boot and I will use it at a moment's notice. So, whatever you have planned I need to know now." I lean over her and say. "You have a metal box with a sharp corner behind you. That's what's digging into your back. I will remove the box and after that, I want to see your back." I push the box away from her. I lift her shirt and see a scratch on her back and it's slightly bleeding. "You have a scratch on your back. I don't have anything to fix it up with."

The car suddenly comes to a stop.

Putting the cuffs on before the trunk is opened a guy pulls me out. "The boss wants to see you." The guy pulls me toward the first door and we enter it. He walks over to the cage and opens it for me. He pushes me inside. "You will wait here until he has time to see you." He closes the door and I hear the lock click.

He turns his back to me and starts to walk to a table in the centre of the room.

I take the cuffs off and stick my hand into my boot and I pull out the pocket knife I have inside it. I walk over to the cage and I stick the knife into the lock. I jimmy the lock until it opens.

The guy turns towards me as he hears a sound.

Stepping away from the door I wait for the guy to go back to whatever he was doing before I made the noise. I kneel down and pull my gun out of my boot. I sneak out of the cage and make my way over to the guard. I push the gun into the back of his head. "I want you to take me to my cousin. If you don't I will kill you."

The guy rises and he opens the door. "Please don't kill me. I have a wife and kids."

"You should have thought about that before you kidnapped Chloe and I. You should have chosen your boss wisely instead of choosing someone like him. You didn't just piss off an Assassin by kidnapping us, but someone that works closely with a Mafia Family."

The guys face pales.

I hear a faint pop and the guy goes down. I turn around and see Jai standing there with his gun. I slap his back. "It's good to see you, man."