His Proposal - 94

Jai leans against the door and looks at me. "What does the test say?"

I rip open the pregnancy test and I show it to him. "It doesn't say anything." I move toward the door. "I need to pee on this stick and I'm not going to do that with you standing by the door." He moves away from the door. I slam the door and lock it too. I move over to the toilet and I sit. I pee on the stick.

When I'm done I put the stick on the counter and wash my hands. I set the timer on my phone and walk out of the room.

Jai is lying on the bed when I exit the bathroom. He sits up. "Are you pregnant?"

I hit the back of his head. "I just did the test. It's not going to tell us if I'm pregnant after five seconds. It will take 3-5 minutes before the results are in." My stomach grumbles. "Can we get something to eat?"

He picks up the phone. "I'm going to order room service."

"Can you get enough food for Nate too? I want him to have breakfast with us. I want to share the news with him too."

"Okay," Jai orders some food and I pull my phone out of my handbag.

I call Nate.

Me: Nate, we're ordering room service. There's enough food for you.

Nate: I will be right over.

He hangs up the phone and a couple of seconds later there's a knock on the door and I walk over to it. I open the door and let Nate in. He hugs me. "Do you have anything to share with me yet?"

I shake my head.

The timer goes off as Jai is finishing with the phone call. Jai rises from the bed. He walks over to m and wraps his around me. He kisses the top of my head. "Should we see what the test says?"

"Yes," I pull him to the bathroom with me. I walk over to the counter and I look at the test. There are two lines across it.

It's positive. I'm pregnant.

I turn to Jai with the test in my hand. I hug him and whisper. "I'm pregnant."

A smile spreads across his face. "I'm going to be a father." He whispers. He steps away from me and then shouts. "I'm going to be a father."

Nate stands at the door. "You're pregnant?"

"Yes,"

Nate pushes past Jai and he hugs me. "I'm so happy for you, sis. You deserve this time. Thank you for everything you've done for Aleysa and me since Mom and Dad were murdered. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you." He turns towards Jai. "Or you. You changed our lives more than you know, Jai. I will forever be indebted to you."

Jai hugs him. "You don't need to be indebted to me. It was an honour to be part of your life. When you go off to university, you have to call us every couple of days and keep us in the loop of your life. I also spoke to your coach and he gave me tickets to all the home and away games. He even asked me to help coach on the weekends that your sister and I go to the games. I'm taking him up on the offer."

It's good that he's taking up the offer on helping the coach on the weekends. He would make a good coach.

"That's great. Can you not go easy on me on the field. I don't want my teammates to see you favouring me."

Jai laughs. "I wouldn't favour you over the other team members. I will be telling everyone where they have weaknesses and how to strengthen them. When I've watched you play I haven't seen anything wrong with your game, but when I'm closer to you I might find something wrong. I will also get your coach to make sure you practice on your weaknesses while I'm away."

There's a knock on the door and I walk over to it. I open the door and let the room service girl into the room.

She looks around the room and her eyes land on Nate. Her face starts to turn red. "Hello,"

Nate walks over to her. "Hey, Jessie." He slips something into her hand. "Thanks for bringing up our food."

Jessie looks around the room. "Just leave the dishes by the door and I will come back later to pick it up. Have a good day." She slips something into her pocket and I notice that my brother gave her a tip.

I turn towards my brother. "How did you meet her?"

He walks over to the table and sits down. "Yesterday when you were sleeping I went for a walk and I met some workers here. I played tennis and football with them before they had to go back to work. She was one of the girls I met and she's really nice."

I'm sitting between Nate and Jai. I open the lid to the food and I see scrambled eggs, jelly, toast and pancakes. I put two pancakes on my plate. I spread jelly on the pancakes and fold it up.

Nate and Jai pick up the toast and put it on their plate with scrambled eggs.

I'm glad Jai didn't order bacon. I'm not sure if I could stand the smell of the bacon.

***

After breakfast, my phone starts to ring and I walk over to it. I see "Leila" flash across the screen.

Me: Hello, Leila.

Leila: What are you doing today?

Me: I'm not sure. Why?

Leila: I was wondering if you'd like to come shopping with me? I will have Ace's Bodyguards with me. He doesn't want me to go out without them. She giggles. He's a bit overprotective when it comes to me.

Me: I would love to come with you. I turn towards Jai. I will talk to Jai about it. Can you hang on a minute?

Leila: Yes, I can.

"Jai, Leila wants me to go shopping with her. Can I go, please?"

Jai wraps his arms around me. "You don't need to ask my permission to go out with your friends. Have fun." He pulls something out of his. "Take my card and buy whatever you like."

I take it from him. "Thank you."

Me: Where do you want to meet?

Leila: I'm coming to get you.

Me: How do you know where I am?

Leila: Jai told us last night while you were in the toilet. Can you tell Jai that Ace is with me?

Me: Okay, what time will you be here?

Leila: We're five minutes away.

Me: I will see you soon.

I end the call and move over to Jai. "Ace and Leila are five minutes away." I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I put my hair up in a bun and walk out of the bathroom.

Jai, Nate and I walk downstairs and we walk to the parking lot. As we get there I see a limo pull into a parking spot.

Ace and Leila climb out of the car and they walk over to us.

Leila hugs me. "Let's get our girls day out started."

***