His Proposal - 78

Start from the beginning

Kids will be kids. They hardly ever listen until something happens. I was that way when I was growing up.

The woman turns to me. "Thank you for saving my boy."

I give her a weak smile. "You're welcome." I rise. "I should be going. I'm glad that your son is alright. I hope he listens to from now on."

She laughs. "Me too."

I walk away from the mother and child.

"Chloe?" I turn towards the voice and see Jai standing with Gerald. "Come home?"

I nod.

Jai runs over to me. He takes in my clothes. "Why are you wet?"

I giggle.

Damn, I have to get my head out of the gutter.

"Uh," I look at the pond and see ambulance officers looking over the boy. "Some kid fell into the pond and I pulled him out."

Gerald and Jai look at the action happening by the pond.

All I want to do now is go home and get changed. Maybe, go to sleep with my little sister.

"I need to get changed. I'm feeling a bit cold."

We walk back to the house. When we get there I make my way straight to the bathroom.

Near the bathroom, my brother's bedroom door opens and he looks at me. "What happened to you?"

"I rescued a little boy from the pond."

"Do you know whose kid you saved?" I shake my head. "You saved the President's Grandson son."

Huh, who would have thought that I would save a kid as important as him?

"I bet they're going to look for you."

Well, I'm not going to make it easy for them to find me.

I begin to shiver. I open the door to the bathroom and step inside. I peel off my clothes and put them on the ground. I turn the taps on before I step into the shower.

The water warms me as it runs down my body. I wash my body and hair before I step out and wrap a towel around me.

Opening the door the bedroom and walk over to the closet. I pull out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I put them on and then make my way to the door. I open it and walk to my sister's room. I crawl in bed next to her and close my eyes.

***

Someone shakes me and whispers. "Chloe, its dinner time. You need to come downstairs."

I ignore the person and keep my eyes closed.

I don't want to eat anything. I'm happy being in bed with my little sister.

The person kisses me on the lips. "Aleysa, wouldn't want to see you like this. Please, come downstairs and have dinner with us."

I sigh. "Can you carry m?."

Jai lifts me up and he carries me down the stairs to the kitchen.

Nate looks at me and says. "Lazy, bum."

"You don't need to be jealous little brother. You'll have someone to carry around one day."

Nate shakes his head. "I don't want to think about the future. I like to concentrate on the here and now. It's better to live like this than have your hopes up for the future and die. It's unfair that Aleysa doesn't have a future now. Yet you and I do." He looks away from me. "I don't like seeing her like this."

***