His Proposal - 34

Start from the beginning

Jai taps her nose. "Hey, sweet pea. How are you?"

"Good, is lunch ready? I'm hungry." She looks at Aleysa. "Do you want to come with me to see Nan?"

Aleysa nods. "I'm hungry too."

"Aleysa before you leave I want you to meet Jai's sister, Charlotte."

Aleysa smiles. She hugs her. "It's nice to meet you, Charlotte. Can we get some food now?"

"Go,"

Aleysa and Maggie walk to the house.

Looking around the yard I see Nate talking to a guy. Jai's eyes travel in the same direction as mine. He smiles. "That's Jeremiah Collins."

"Jeremiah? As the number one football player in Los Angeles?"

Jai nods. "The one and only. Looks like he's got his eyes on your brother. Jeremiah has a habit of showing up at my families barbecue and inviting them to a game. It looks like Nate's going to be invited to the next game."

"Nate will probably ask if he can invite some of his team to the game as well."

Jai looks at me. "Do you want to go to a live football game? I can get us some tickets?"

I shrug. "I have never been to a proper stadium to watch a football game before. The atmosphere seems like it's going to be great though."

He smiles. "I have always loved the atmosphere at the stadium. I remember running out onto the field with fans screaming and cheering me on. It's one of my favourite memories of being on the field."

Jeremiah puts Jai in a headlock and he looks at me. "Hey, beautiful. I was wondering how you scored yourself an ugly guy like this one."

Shaking my head. "I was wondering how he became friends with you. I believe you were called the ugly bunch."

Jeremiah and Jai laugh.

Jeremiah shakes his head. "I'm Jeremiah. You must be one of Nate's sisters? He was telling me he came because his sister was dating, Jai." He looks towards the house. I know the other new face here is too young to be dating my boy here, but I knew his girl wouldn't stray too far for him."

"You make me sound like a dog."

He hits leg and says. "Come here, Chloe."

Rolling my eyes.

I feel sorry for his girlfriend.

Someone screams.

Aleysa.

I look at Nate and then we run into the house.

Nate opens the door and we see Aleysa on the ground. Veronica has Aleysa's head in her lap. Looking at her, I ask. "What happened?"

She looks at me with tears in her eyes. "Aleysa was talking and then she collapsed. Is she alright?"

I shouldn't have brought her here. I thought she'd be okay.

Jai pushes through the crowd and he stops in front of me. He looks at Aleysa and she opens her eyes.

She looks at us. "Why am I on the ground, Chloe?"

"You collapsed. How are you feeling?"

Aleysa looks at me. "Tired, can I go to sleep, please?"

Looking at Veronica.

She rises. "Jai, can you take her to your old room? She's going to find that room more comfortable than the other rooms."

Jai lifts her up and carries her to the bedroom.

Following close behind I watch Jai put her in the bed. I look around the room and the wall is painted a light blue.

There's a poster on the wall of Jai in his football uniform holding a helmet. He has a smile on his face. He even autographed the poster.

Looking at him. "I love the poster."

Jai smiles. "That is one of my favourite posters I had made. There's another one in the trophy room that would be more your style." He covers Aleysa.

Aleysa looks at me. "Goodnight."

Walking over to her I kiss her cheek. "I will be back soon with a bottle of water. You need to stay hydrated."

"Okay, Mommy." She mumbles before closing her eyes.

"Jai, I should have stayed home. It was too early for us to travel with, Aleysa."