Chapter 107- Khione

"Wait up, Khione!" Amanda called from the other side of the hall. We were helping a substitute teacher deliver some stuff to the B1 floor. I have no idea where that is, but it's probably just the basement or something.

Unluckily, I had Amanda behind me. I didn't slow down. I wasn't in the mood. Even though we were cousins, I was glad we didn't see each other that often. I passed the stairs, which were pretty empty. I saw some officers before, but I guess all of them cleared away. Still, I went to the elevator.

There was some sort of neon sign taped on it, and I could not read it whatsoever. Everything was just a mess of red and yellow.

"Ugg. Is that glitter?" I groaned, "It's probably just an ad for a bake sale or a student council paper."

I stepped into the elevator and closed it before Amanda could get in. Yes, I was in a bad mood. The box I was holding was too heavy, my hair itched, and it was snowing. I just can't stand the snow! Most importantly, when the door opened, I saw five or six masked people pointing guns at me!

I screamed my head off, and the box of discarded lamps crashed to the ground. All the weapons went down.

"What are you doing down here?" a familiar voice asked, "Can't you read?"

"Uh... No?" I answered.

"We need to-" the voice was cut off.

A hissing sound filled the room, making the air foul to breathe in.

"We need to get out of here quick!" Someone coughed in the dark. I ran for what I thought was the door and tripped on a stupid handle on the ground. 

"The door's locked!" Someone exclaimed.

"I found a trapdoor!" I cried, trying not to choke.

Both doors suddenly opened.