Chapter 14- Kate

Chapter 14- Kate

There was a roof above my head, which counted as shelter. I looked around, and only saw white. The walls were white and so was the roof. Out the windows, it looked like there was some snow. Well, whiteness. Then Kyle walked in holding a syringe. I shouted. He looked startled, then calm. He took the abnormally large syringe and shoved it into my head without warning. I shouted again, this time so that someone would hear me. A random man rushed in and took the syringe then stabbed himself with it. Then he stabbed me, and I went out.

***

I woke up, covered in sweat, this time being in a room that was painted blue. I sprang up, and saw a poster on the wall for my favorite book, Dracula. I looked around and saw lots of snow out the window. The only person that I knew that had read Dracula other than me, was JJ. I got up okay, then made my way out of the room, trying my best to walk steadily. I walked down the spiral staircase and into a nice living area. I saw JJ sitting on the couch next to Paige. He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek casually. She blushed. 

I stayed on the staircase watching them. They both looked at the TV and at the same times, they laughed, or sighed, or yelled, or exclaimed. I began to realize that they were really in love. "Let's go check on Kate," JJ suggested. 

I quickly stumbled up the stairs and must have made a lot of noise. It was as if my hand-eye coordination was off.

"Kate might be hurt!" Paige exclaimed. I got into the room and took a large lamp and took a key that was on the table and I jabbed it into the lamp and it shattered. I then sat on the bed and pulled the covers over my legs. The two of them walked into the room, and looked at me, then the lamp, then at each other. 

"Kate!" JJ cried.

"The lamp!" Paige yelled at the same time.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean it. I just knocked it over in my sleep and woke up to a smash," I explained. Is that a good cover? Whatever. They believed it.

"Oh. Well we accept your apology, and stuff like that. So you're probably wondering why you're here," JJ said, "I decided to take you here so you would feel better. They sent everyone home and I just brought you here because Paige said so."

I didn't really like the "Paige said so" thing, but he just kept talking despite the look on my face. 

"So yeah. It's only been a few hours and we were just watching TV the whole time," JJ concluded, "Turned out that I wasn't infected my the virus and Paige was naturally immune." I groaned. Paige put her hand on my forehead, then left the room. I just stayed where I was. Then, JJ left.

I smiled innocently. 

Then I snuck out of the side window even though snow was everywhere. Yes, that escalated quickly. JJ's house was a two story home, so I landed on the snow with ease. The first thing I noticed was that I felt really cold, despite the fact that I had just successfully jumped a window while being severely injured. 

Something vibrated against my leg; my phone. I completely forgot that I even had it with me. The screen read Lauren. 

What? I thought to myself, picking up.