Chapter 91- Kate

Chapter 91- Kate

"Ka, Ka, Kate?" Lea asked.

Faster than the speed of sound, her upper body moved straight up as she plopped herself in sitting.

I nodded slowly as Lea, who was looking quite alive, looked at me in a weird way. She didn't say anything, but just stared at me for a little while. I took out my trusty notepad and wrote What do you want to tell me?

She squinted at the pad, and even with her glasses dangling from the bridge of her nose, I guess Lea was still pretty nearsighted. I moved the notepad closer to her face, and after carefully reading it, she crouched back into her bed. She went back to laying position and said something I would never have expected her to say.

"It was the cake," Lea muttered, "The cake and bane."

I wanted to ask her what the heck she meant, since I was starting to lose my patience a little. But instead, I sighed and tried to beckon Lea to continue.

"Notebook," she said. That was it. Great, if she was trying to make me feel guilty, she was doing a pretty bad job of it. I don't know how, but word got around that I had purposely "destroyed" Lea's super important, top-secret notebook that had everything in it and was guaranteed to solve all the problems in the whole entire school. But, as I have said earlier, it wasn't my fault.

I carefully sat down on an armchair next to the hospital bed, and all of a sudden, Lea began screaming, "Help, help! It's coming!"

At that point, the door to Lea's room opened, and I was started to panic. Lea kept on screaming at the top of her lungs and then became all quiet and started to mutter to herself.

I looked back at the door, and in walked Alyssa, holding an oversized purse.

"Kate," she said, "The nurse wants to back and is reminding you to keep this secret. I'm next on the visiting list."

I smiled at Alyssa and took one last look at Lea before shutting the door. Lea's eyes suddenly brightened up and sat up once again. Alyssa's eyebrows rose as she knelt down beside the door.

"How did it go?" my mom asked me as we drove home. You weren't in there for that long.

"Weird," I signed back. I couldn't tell her anything about what had happened, according to Alyssa, but I guess this was okay.

"Well, I hope she recovers alright," my mom replied.