Chapter 94- Kyle

Chapter 94- Kyle

"Next, we should add ten milliliters of potassium iodide into the mixture," Lindsay read.

Bri took the container of potassium iodide and carefully measured it out in the graduated cylinder.

"I'll do this step," Lindsay said, "It says here that we should be very careful."

She took the powdery substance and poured a little into the mixture, which started to bubble furiously. The substance inside expanded and moved up towards the top of the bottle.

"I think it's going to overflow," Lindsay exclaimed. She stopped pouring and waited for the mixture to settle, and then added in more, little by little. The bubbles went up, and down, and back up, and back down again.

"Uh, Lindsay?" Ivan asked, "The note at the bottom of the sheet says to put all of the potassium iodide in at once. It's supposed to overflow. That's why there's a giant sheet of plastic covering the whole lab table, right?"

He gave Lindsay a look, making her turn bright red. She poured the rest of the powder into the bottle at once, and we watched as the substance carefully oozed out of the bottle and spilled gently onto the sheet of plastic. It was all quite boring, to be honest.

"Well," Lindsay said in a huff, "At least we were the first ones done."