Chapter 78- Jonelis

The first I saw him was in the diner, eating dinner with my parents, sister, and step-sister. I also have an older brother, but he's practically grown up. We have a ten year age difference, and I have an eight year age difference with my sister.

It was when I ordered my meal, when I looked at the table in front of me. The person had a Mets cap on and wore a yellow sweatshirt.

He just stood out because he seemed so weird and strange. It was as if he was enveloped in a cloak of mystery. I blinked rapidly and gazed at him until my mom asked me who I was gawking at. My sister turned over to have a look, and after a moment of observation, a puzzled look spread across her face. Then, in a matter of seconds, the frown turned into a discreet smile.

"What? What is it?" I asked in a demanding tone.

"You like him," my sister replied flatly. My mom and step-sister paid no attention to what we were saying, but I knew that they were listening even closer than I was.

"No I don't," I said in a monotone voice. This was only partly true. The person, I didn't even know how old he was, looked pretty good looking from behind, but you never know...

"And so?" I added, "You look all googly eyed at boys too."

My sister's smile only grew bigger, and I realized that I wouldn't be pushing anything else out of her this evening. Sighing, I returned to my phone and waited for dinner to arrive. From the corner of my eye, I saw her take a picture of us on Snapchat. Just great!