Chapter 82- Jonelis

In my opinion, the movie wasn't that bad. It was about this girl trying to survive a modern day zombie apocalypse. I had seen lots of scary stuff when I was younger and thought that it was great. Zara had a great time too and started laughing in the most random parts.

Halfway through, after some pretty gross parts in the plot, I realized that I haven't even touched my popcorn yet. So, instead, I gave it to Katerina, who was very happy.

I could almost swear that either Finn or Topher screamed somewhere in the middle of it, a high pitched, girly scream that made Emily and Angelique turn around and look at us. As the credits started rolling, we all got up to stretch.

"We'd better get ready to go," Kyle said yawning. On my side, Zara got up, grabbing her jacket and her sketch bag. Katerina, on the other hand, had fallen asleep in her seat.

"Wake up Kat," I said, "Come on, the movie's already over."

However, Katerina remained in her seat, still very much asleep.

"Guys, I think something's wrong," I said aloud, "Katerina's not waking up."

Ivan and Kyle came over immediately, both of them trying to shake her awake, and Kyle ended up calling the manager, who came rushing in. The manager called the ambulance and in the matter of minutes, I was watching Katerina getting stretchered out of the theater. The police hadn't bothered to put up caution tape, so there were a big crowd of people trying to figure out what had happened.

The police probably thought that she was drinking alcohol or something. The seven of us departed at 11:30 exact. Kyle explained what had happened to Emily and Angelique and waved them goodbye.

The atmosphere completely changed outside. The winds were light and cool and crickets chirped from every direction. My sister in law had come to pick me up, and right before I got into her car, I spotted a small fox in the dark. I couldn't make out where it was, but it slowly disappeared, moving farther and farther away from me.

Sighing, I hopped into my sister in law's car and closed my eyes. The first day of school was just a week or two away, and I'm sure things will be rough...