Chapter 99- Hunter

I was at Topher's house with Finn at the moment, and it was much quieter than usual. All of us knew about Alyssa's disappearance, but nobody had managed to say anything.

I was on my phone, scanning through my 524 emails while Finn an Topher set up the XBOX for COD. Most of the emails consisted of school stuff or commercials, but there was one email that seemed very different from the rest.

It came pretty recently and there was no sender information, so I opened it up and read it.

Dear _______,

We know that you have been hacking into the school servers and acting as a spy for an unknown organization. Your networking throughout the school was just discovered recently. Though we don't know whether or not your good or bad, we demand immediate information on you, your other accomplices, and what information you have gathered. The government knows what you have been doing and are willing to discuss facts to avoid punishment. If no information is sent, we will gather that you are plotting with the murderers and locate and eliminate you. Cooperate with us or else.

Shivering, I showed the email to Finn and Topher.

"Any advice?" I asked, trying to stay cool. I explained to them that I had no idea what these people were talking about and that it might have to do with the disappearance of Alyssa.

"I believe you," Finn said with a look of shock on his face, "I can't believe this happened! I don't think it's why Alyssa's missing. The government would never keep a girl hostage. I think you should just send the email back explaining that you have no idea what they're talking about and that they probably just got the wrong number."

He said this all really fast. 

"I agree," Topher said, "If you didn't do it, just tell them."

While Topher and Finn started playing COD, I started to write a return email.