You'll Survive

"No!"
"I just can't do this anymore."
"I'm going home, then. That'll solve the problem."
"No, it won't. I don't want you to be unhappy," Brad replies, biting his lip ring nervously.
"But—"
"I'm going to tell the guys," he says, standing up.
"Brad!" I get up to follow him, but he's already set on telling them.
"Guys, I need to tell you something."
All eyes are on him, and I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Brad, please."
"Angie. Just stop," he says softly, meeting my eyes. I open my mouth to protest, but I decide against it and drop my hand. Brad looks forward again and sighs. "I'm leaving the band." Everyone looks at him in shock, and Barry starts choking and coughing on his water.
"You're kidding, right?" Neil finally asks, getting up from his place on the couch.
"I'm serious," Brad responds as Barry finally stops coughing.
Adam's eyes meet mine, and he stands up. "Is this because of Eve and me?"
"I can't control who I fall in love with," Brad replies simply, shrugging his shoulders.
"So your solution is to leave the band?" Neil demands, clenching his fists. "How is that going to solve anything?"
"Adam is not going to be at his best without Angie, and I don't think I can be around her anymore."
"But we need you," Barry points out, looking from Brad to me then back to Brad.
"You'll survive."
"I can't believe this," Neil groans, running his hands through his hair in agitation. "We're in the middle of touring, for fuck's sake."
"You're not talking leaving right this second, though, right?" Barry questions, raising an eyebrow. I can't see Brad's face, but judging by Neil's face, Brad's expression screams "I'm-leaving-right-this-second".
"This is bullshit. Complete bullshit. Over a girl? Really, Brad?"
"Hey, don't talk about Eve like that," Adam says, his voice laced with anger.
"She's tearing this band apart!" Neil counters, making Adam clench his fists angrily.
"This isn't her fault," Brad begins, but Adam swings for Neil.
He ducks just in time before yelling, "This is what I fucking mean!"
As the words leave his mouth, time seems to slow as I realize that he is absolutely right. None of this would be happening if I hadn't run into Adam that day. If they'd never known me, none of this would be happening. I can't take it back now, can I? But what can I do to make things right again?

A/N
Bleh
Drama
Eh
Bazookas
Meh