Chapter 40:

Louis' POV

"What are you thinking about?" Mum asked me. We were all in the SUV's driving back to LA. The twins are sleeping and Lottie and Fizzy had headphones on watching a movie.

"Anna." I said honestly.

"About her being together with Harry or?" Mum asked.

"Yeah, I mean as you know I flipped out on Harry when they told me they just liked each other and were getting to know each other. Yeah, I calmed down and realized she is safe with him, but now that they are official and acting all lovey towards each other I feel uncomfortable." I said trying to be honest.

"Louis, Anna is the happiest she has been in years. She told me that herself yesterday, and not all of that happiness is because of Harry. She is happy that you are in her life. She told me that she loves how you two banter back and forth and can joke around. She is finally looking at you like a big brother." Eleanor said happily. I was so happy to hear that Anna thought of me that way. Yeah, she has told me she loves me, but I always wonder is she just telling me what I want to hear. But since she told El that I know she truly feels that way.

"Yeah I talked to her and she said she wasn't sure about being in your life, but once she got to know you and the guys she realized it was a good thing to happen to her. When you walked into her life." Mum added.

"You talked to her?" I asked mum shocked. Anna was always shy around my mum and sisters, but I understood why so I never pushed her to talk to them.

"Yea, she had some questions about a few things so I answered them for her. But that's all I'm telling you. That conversation is between the two of us. Just know that she isn't going to walk out of your life unless you give her a good reason too." Mum smiled at me.

"How am I supposed to be okay with her and Harry kissing and what not in front of me though?" I asked honestly.

"You don't have to be okay with it Lou, but you need to tolerate it. Cause if you don't you will make Anna rebel against you and I know you don't want that." El said to me.

"El is right. Anna is a strong willed stubborn girl that will push you away in a heartbeat if you try and keep her and Harry apart. I honestly think Anna is in love with Harry, but doesn't realize it." Mum said.

"Wait, how can she not know it?" I asked confused. I knew within months of dating El I loved her and I started telling her at five months.

"She has never been loved Louis. Neither one of her parents showed her love. She doesn't know the meaning of it. You are showing her the meaning of family love where Harry is showing her what true love is." Mum said.

"If that makes sense." She added with a smile.

"Yeah it does. Just going to take some time to get used to them being a couple." I smiled slightly.

"She is nineteen Lou she was going to get a boyfriend eventually. You should be glad it's with your best mate who you know will take great care of her." Eleanor smiled.

"You two are so smart and think so logically. What would I do without you?" I smiled at two of my favorite women in the world.

"You don't want us to answer that question love." Mum laughed causing me and El to laugh as well.

Anna's POV

This whole weekend was not what I was expecting at all. I had my first ever birthday party with my brother and our close friends. I could've had a falling out with my only brother if I didn't forgive him. I now have my first ever boyfriend with a guy that I know will never hurt me the way my father did. I got to know Louis' little sisters pretty good and even got to have some chats with his mum. I was so jealous that Louis grew up with his mum, and I resented him for that, but now I'm just glad he grew up happy. She was an amazing woman and even better mum. I hate that we have to leave the beach house, but I'm glad to be getting back to work.