Chapter 7:

Anna’s POV

“They probably realized that nobody comes here so they won’t be bothered.” Max said talking about One Direction.

“I guess that makes sense.” I said. I mean it does make sense it’s just weird that I’ve been seeing them so much lately.

“They are like staring at us.” Max said. I was about to look up when I saw Max waving at them.

“What the hell are you doing?” I snapped at him.

“What I want them to know I see them looking at us. If they want to take a look at us they should at least not be so obvious about it.” He chuckled. I just rolled my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder. We sat in silence for a while just watching the duck splash around in the pond.

“Has your dad contacted you lately?” Max asked out of nowhere. I was startled by his question though. I really don’t like talking about my dad.

“I…umm….” I stuttered. Max noticed that I was uncomfortable so he pulled me into a hug.

“You don’t have to tell me I was just wondering.” He said as I silently cried in his arms.

“He hasn’t stopped trying to contact me for the last month. I don’t…. understand why he wants to talk to me all of a sudden.” I said annoyed at the situation.

“Do you talk to him?” He asked me.

“No I refuse to. He usually calls the home phone so Joey usually deals with it.” I said pulling out of the hug. I wiped my eyes to get rid of any make-up that has fallen from my eyes.

“Do you know what he wants?” Max asked me.

“Nope. Joey knows, but I won’t let him tell me. Joey has begged me at times to let him tell me why he keeps calling, but I just don’t care to know.” I said honestly.

“I can’t say I blame you for not wanting to talking to him, but aren’t you a little curious as to why he has been calling this past month?” He asked with a slight chuckle.

“A tiny part of me does, but he has done nothing but ruin my life so I’m not about to let him back in my life.” I said.

“You wouldn’t be letting him in your life though.” He asked more then anything.

“Yes it would. Cause I would be giving him what he wants and that is to talk to me for whatever reason. He left my mum and me when I was 7 years old…. Those seven years he was in my life he did nothing but hurt me. I don’t want ANYTHING to do with him.” I snapped.

“I guess I understand that. I’m naturally a curious person so that is what would get me.” He smiled.

---------------------

It’s been a few hours since Max’s and my conversation about my dad. We haven’t really done much, but talk. It was now getting dusk out so we decided we should go ahead and head home. As I walked past One Direction Harry stopped me.

“Anna how are you?” He asked me.

“Good. How about you?” I asked him. I noticed that the rest of the band was staring at me weirdly. Max patted my shoulder and pointed to his car indicating that’s where he is going.

“Pretty good. We are enjoying our day off. We heard about this park and that it was real quiet so we figured this was a good place to come.” Harry explained not that I asked.