Chapter 8:

A/N: So freaking sorry for the long wait for this chapter…… I’ve had a little bit of writers block and I’ve been busy with work so I needed more time to get this chapter written and written to my standards… Sorry for any spelling and grammar issues I didn’t edit it……. Here is Chapter 8 :D hope you enjoy…..

Max’s POV

It’s been a few days since we found out Anna was/is in a coma. I haven’t left the hospital except to shower and change my clothes. The guys from One Direction also have been at the hospital as much as they can since Anna has been in the hospital. The doctors were hopeful that Anna was going to come out of her coma any time now, so it was just a waiting game. It was kind of bitter sweet though…. When Anna comes out of her coma she is going to be in a lot of pain. I mean she has multiple broken ribs, broken ankle, and a gash on her forehead. Plus there is this giant secret that she is going to find out about once she is strong enough to handle. But I need her to wake up cause I miss my best friend.

“CODE BLUE IN ROOM 101!” I heard nurses shout.

“Isn’t that Anna’s room?” Niall asked concerned. Before I could answer him I was running to Anna’s room seeing them pushing some man out of her room before starting CPR.

“What did you do to her?” A nurse asked the man. I couldn’t see his face, but I had a feeling I knew exactly who it was….

Anna’s POV

My heart was beating really fast and I could hear people saying my name in a far distance. Out of nowhere though I saw someone that I never thought nor want to ever see again.

“Mum?” I asked confused. My mum was dead, so how was I seeing her. ‘Wait am I dead?’

“No sweety you are not dead. “ My mum chuckled. I look at her and she looked alive. She was in a long white flowy dress with her long blonde hair in loose waves. She looked the healthiest that I can remember. She was is a healthy weight and didn’t have bags under her eyes she didn’t look like my alcoholic mum she looked like well my mum.

“Then how am I seeing you right now?” I asked her.

“Long story baby girl.” She smiled.

“Don’t call me that.” I snapped at her. She lost that right to call me that a LONG time ago. My mum turned into an alcoholic after my dad left us when I was 7 years old. I had to take care of my mum. She was a useless mother. I left our home when I was 15 years old and got a phone call when I was 16 that my mum had died from alcohol poisoning. 

“Look I know you don’t like me to much and I understand why, but I need to you to listen to me.” She sighed.

“Mum I hate you. So why do I need to listen to anything you have to say?” I snarled at her. She took a deep breath and sat down in a chair that appeared out of nowhere.

“You are going to wake up once I snap my fingers and you are going to hear some news that is going to shock you. I want you to be open minded about it and try to welcome the news. It’s going to be the best thing to ever happen to you in your life.” She smiled at me.

“What news can change my life for the better? My life was changed for the better when I left you.” I snapped.

“Look you can hate me you have every right to hate me. I was a horrible mother to you when especially when you needed me most. I’m incredicably sorry, but I can’t change the past. I can however help you improve your future. Stay opened minded and don’t shut the people around you that care about you.” She said. I rolled my eyes at her. I don’t plan on taking her advice. Before I knew it I hear her snap her fingers together and I was opening my eyes to a white room with really bright lights.

“Anna love? How are you feeling?” Someone asked. I turned my head slightly to my left and saw Max. He was smiling at me with sad eyes. I tired to talk but my throat is so dry nothing came out.

“Hold on let me get you some water.” He smiled. I looked around the room to be met by the eyes of the one and only One Direction. They all looked like they haven’t really slept in days though. They all had bag forming under their eyes and their hair look all disheveled.

“Here is some water.” Max said handing me a small cup of water. I tired to grab the cup but my hand wouldn’t grip it. I had no strength to hold it myself. Luckily Max didn’t let go of the cup so it didn’t spill all over me. I closed my eyes and put my hands back to my sides.

“Here is a straw I will hold the cup. You have been out for about a week now so your body is weak.” Max said. I felt a straw come to my lips so I opened my mouth just enough to take a sip of water. I kept my eyes closed cause I felt embarrassed that I couldn’t hold a small cup in my hands.

“What happened?” I asked. I couldn’t really remember why I was in the hospital.

“You were hit by a car babe. You have multiple broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a gash on your forehead. But the gash is really close to your hair line so you won’t see the scar when it heals.” Max said sadly.

“That explains why my whole body hurts.” I said trying to giggle and lighten the mood a bit.

“I will go get the doctor.” Louis said walking out of my room. The rest of us sat in silence while we waited for Louis to come back with the doctor/nurses.

“Miss. Austin how are you feeling?” An older man in a white coat asked as he walked into my room. Followed him was Louis, Eleanor, Danielle, and a few nurses. I can’t say I was shocked to see Eleanor and Danielle here. They have kind of become my friends over the last few weeks.

“Sore.” I said. I looked over at Max and made eye contact with him. He smiled at me and continued to look into my eyes. Max is one of my few comfort zones (people wise) in the world and since Joey isn’t here (which is weird) I need to focus on Max and not the situation I’m in.

“Well that is to be expected. All your vitals look good and you seem to be stable so that is really good.” He smiled

Now does it hurt to breath?” The Doctor asked.

“A little yeah. Why?” I asked starting to panic a bit.

“It’s just because of your broken ribs. As long as you don’t move too much or to sudden then you’re breathing should improve within a week. The he cut on your forehead as about 15 stitches in it so those won’t be coming out for a couple weeks. We are going to keep you here for a few more days and then you can go home. But when you go home you need to be on strict bed rest until you heal almost completely. “ He said. I winced when he said I would be in the hospital for a few more days then on bed rest for a while once I got home.

“Okay.” I mumbled finally breaking eye contact with Max. I looked down to my hands and started fiddling with my fingers. The doctors and nurses left my room.

“Where is Joey?” I asked.

“He is at work.” Max said with a slight attitude in his voice. I had a feeling it has something to do with Joey. I will have to ask him later why he seems upset with Joey.

“Oh okay.” I said leaning my head back on my pillow and closing my eyes.

“Go to sleep we will all be here when you get up.” Harry said. I nodded my head before falling into a deep sleep.

A/N: Sorry again for the long wait for this chapter and I’m sorry it’s kind of short. I really am having issues coming up with how to write these next few chapters. I’m going to try my best to post this more often :D It might not be every day or every other day but I will post a few times a week :D

PLEASE vote and comment and follow me if you can :D

I will be posting Chapter 15 of “I’m The New Girl in His Life” sometime tomorrow…………. I am busy today so I can’t finish writing it today. :D hope you understand….

Oh and the next chapter of this story will be out Sunday :D

Allie