Chapter 15:

Anna’s POV

It’s been almost a month since the BBQ at Harry’s house. I have been trying to live my life as if I don’t know my so-called father knows where I live. I am never alone, so I’m either with Joey, Max, or Ken. Everyone including myself was always on edge that ‘my dad’ would somehow try and get to me. I don’t know what he would do if he did get to me, but I didn’t want to find out.

I was sitting in my advertising class when my phone buzzed telling me I had a text message. Louis forced me to let him buy me a new phone since I broke mine at the BBQ. Of course he bought me an iPhone, which kind of annoyed me since I knew how they cost. I also now have a new phone number, which cost him more money.

LOUIS: Hey! Joey can’t pick you up from school today so he asked me to come get you. So I will be there around 3 ish right out front. So see ya soon (:

I just rolled my eyes and text him ‘ok’ then put my phone back away.

“Everything okay?” Zoe asked me.

“Yeah.” I smiled at her.

--------------

It’s now 2:45 and I was getting out of my final class. Before I went to meet Louis at the front of the school I had to stop in to my advertising class to talk to Ken about something.

“Hey Anna come on in.” Ken smiled at me.

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked him.

“You know how exam are next week?” He asked/stated.

“Yea. What about them?” I asked.

“I just wanted to let you know that Lucy (his wife NOT Max’s ex) will be going to Spain for the summer.” Ken said.

“Oooo that sounds like fun. I thought you were going to tell me something bad.” I chuckled lightly.

“I just wanted you to know cause I know you are having big changes in your life and Lucy and I have always been just next door for you to come over and vent too.” Ken said.

“I will be fine. I need to be able to deal with things by myself at some point. You wont always be my neighbor ya know?” I smiled at him.

“I know just know that we are ALWAYS a phone call or text away if you need to talk.” He smiled.

“Thanks,” I smiled at him.

“Alright well I got to go if that is all you wanted to say. Louis is picking me up today.” I said.

“Well that is a good sign. Are you getting to know him?” Ken asked.

“A little bit, but not really to be honest. I still have my guard up around him.” I said honestly.

“Do you trust him?” he asked me.

“As much as I can trust someone who I just barely meet.” I said honestly.

“Keep giving him a chance. I expect to find you two really close siblings by the time I get back from Spain.” Ken smiled.

“Yeah I don’t know about that, but I’ll say sure just to make you happy.” I smiled at him.

“You’re a hand full.” He said rolling his eyes at me.

 “I will see you tomorrow. Bye Mr. Johnson.” I smiled at him before I turned around and walked out of his classroom.