Chapter 97 (FINAL PART): Daemon

MARCH 29, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 12:30 PM 

                                                                           DAEMON (SHREK) 

I was busy lifting a huge weight at the gym with everyone chanting out my nickname. "Shrek! Shrek! Shrek! Shrek! Shrek! Shrek! Shrek! Shrek!" I lifted the biggest weight that I've ever lifted. "Woo!" everyone whooped. I placed it down and whooped. "I did it, baby!" I cheered. "Yeah!" I looked to my left and saw from the corner of my eye that Hailey was there. I watched as she walked into the gym and came up to me. "Hey," she greeted me. "Hey," I greeted her back. Hailey pushed her long red hair behind her ear. "I would have never guessed that I'd find you here at lunchtime," she said flirtatiously. "Well, I'm a fitness expert, baby," I said back. Hailey giggled after I said that. "What?" I asked. "Was it something that I said?" "Maybe it's something that you..." 

Seconds later, I heard the door open and saw Marie with Near by her side. I was a bit surprised to see them in the gym since I didn't think Marie or Near would come into the gym. "That's surprising," I said out loud. "I wonder what they're doing here," I heard Hailey say. 

                                                                               MARIE 

Near and I walked up to Daemon who was with Hailey at the moment. "Daemon, there isn't any time to explain," I told him. "But something bad is going to happen to you." I saw Hailey and Daemon look at me with their mouths wide open as if I had said something I shouldn't have. "What do you mean?" Hailey asked. "There is a maniac with a Death Note that keeps killing everyone," I answered. "He killed Mei, Jirou, Mamoru, Pauline, and Daeshim. I can't let him kill you and Hailey too." Hailey and Daemon looked at each other with terrified looks on their faces before they both looked back at me. "Can we talk about this later, Marie?" Daemon asked me. "I have something I need to do now." I shook my head. "No, I think you need to hear this now," I answered. "It's important!" "Not now, Marie!" Daemon snapped. "I need to do my weights!" Hailey turned and looked at me. "You heard him," she reminded me. "Give Daemon some space." 

I stood there not knowing how else I was going to warn Daemon that the Boogeyman was after him. "Alright, Daemon," one of the guys in the gym said. "Let's get this show on the road." I looked at Hailey and said in a loud whisper, "This can't wait." "It's gonna have to wait," Hailey responded in a loud whisper. I turned and watched as Daemon lifted the weight over his shoulder and did squats with it. "Woo!" I heard another guy say. "Let's go Shrek!" Everyone in the crowd cheered for Daemon to continue on with his exercises as everyone continued to chant, "Let's go Shrek!" Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. "Let's go Shrek!" the group continued to chant. Clap. Clap Clap. Clap. Clap. "Let's go Shrek!" the group chanted for the third time. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. "Let's go Shrek!" the group chanted for the fourth and final time. Daemon stood up with the weight behind his shoulders. Everyone applauded and cheered after they saw that. I stood there not knowing what to do when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and felt a cold breeze from the fan hit me. 

Oh no, not again. I thought to myself. I looked around the room and saw a mannequin resembling an African-American man wearing a cap that looked similar to Daemon's. The red alarm started to ring more and more inside my mind. I watched as the mannequin was knocked over by someone carrying a cane accidentally knocked the mannequin over and it lost his head. "Marie, what's wrong?" I heard Near ask. I started to breathe heavily. "The mannequin," I answered in a low tone. "What?" I heard Near ask. "Daemon's going to lose his head." I turned around and saw Daemon place the weight down and sighed. "That was good," he commented. "Do you guys want more?" "Yeah," everyone cheered. "Woo!" Daemon clapped his hands together. "Alright then," he began. "If it's more you want, it's more you'll get." I looked at Near and noticed that he looked worried about something. I turned and looked at Hailey who looked as if she didn't want Daemon to be going too much. "We have to stop him," I told Hailey and Near. I walked up with both of them by my side, but not before running into someone familiar. "Oh, hey, Marie," Osuke greeted me. "Are you here for Daemon's show?" "Not exactly," I answered. "I need to stop him before he makes a mistake that kills him."