Chapter Forty-Seven (FINAL PART): Help Is On The Way

FEBRUARY 9, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN 

AT 7:21 PM 

                                                                           CHRISTY 

I stood there on the stage and hummed the melody of "Paint It, Black": 

"Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmm

Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm"

A few seconds later, an orchestral instrumental of "Paint It, Black" came on behind me and I felt even more confident on stage since Yuri had made a special track for my performance.

 I then began singing:

"I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes" 

                                                                                 MISA 

I watched as Christy Grim continued to sing her cover of "Paint It, Black" by The Rolling Stones. She did such a fantastic job. I was beginning to like her cover more than the original. 

Christy continued to sing:

"I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a newborn baby, it just happens every day"

                                                                       NEAR (NATE RIVER)

I continued to watch as Christy continued to sing her cover of "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones:

"I look inside myself and see my heart is black"

I turned and looked at Lidner. "I'm so happy that I'm here," I told her right before she turned and looked at me. "I've always loved Christy Grim." Lidner chuckled. "Yes, yes, I'm aware of that, Near," she told me. I turned back and watched as Christy continued to sing the song. That's when I felt a sudden tingle in my bottom. Oh crap. I knew what this meant as my smile faded. I had to go to the bathroom. The good thing was that I could still hear Christy Grim sing from the bathroom. "Uh, Lidner," I let out. "Yes, Near?" she asked. "I have to go to the bathroom," I answered. "Okay," she said. "You only have to do a number one, right?" I nodded nervously as I tried to hold it. "Do you have your phone with you?" Lidner asked. I looked up at her and nodded my head. "Okay, baby," she told me. "Please call me if I'm not here." 

Just then, I darted to the bathroom as I heard Christy continue to sing:

"I see my red door, I must have it painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts

It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black"          

ABOUT A MINUTE LATER...

                                                                     NEAR (NATE RIVER)

I sighed in relief as I urinated in the bathroom of a McDonald's. Just then, I watched as a person who was dressed as a Shinigami came in. I quickly looked away since it wasn't nice to stare at people. Maybe he was just wearing it for attention since there's a new Kira on the horizon. Not even a few seconds later, I heard someone unzipping something before I heard the sound of something flowing in the urinal next to mine. I turned and saw that it was the same man in the Shinigami costume. Once I was done urinating, I tried to zip up my pants, but that's when the man turned and looked at me as I zipped up my pants. I continued to zip up my pants and gave him the look that I wanted him to not look at me. Just then, the man turned away and looked down at his little stream of urine.