Chapter 57: A Nightmare After Valentine's Day

FEBRUARY 14, 2006 (VALENTINE'S DAY) 

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 10:45 PM 

                                                                            MARIE

I went downstairs after I was done taking a bath and saw something that I didn't expect to see. I saw Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota sleeping on the floor. I heard Mr. Mikami snoring and I was surprised that Ms. Hirota wasn't bothered by it. I knew that my Nana was always bothered by my Pop-Pop when he snored at night. Maybe she just didn't care. Or maybe she just found it relaxing. One of the two. I crept up to them as I heard Mr. Mikami's snores getting louder. "Why are you two sleeping on the floor?" I asked in a whisper. "What? Huh?" Mr. Mikami asked in his sleep. "Why are you two sleeping on the floor?" I asked in a louder whisper. Still, Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota continued to snooze off. I heard Ms. Hirota softly moan. "Leave us be, sweetheart," she answered. "I'm Cinderella in this dream." 

Ms. Hirota sang: 

"So this is love

Hmm hmm hmm hmm

So this is love." 

I sat there and crossed my arms. I had no idea how I was going to make them up. 

Ms. Hirota continued to sing: 

"So this is love" 

I shook my head and scoffed. This was going to be harder than I thought. I looked up and saw a record player. "Hmm," I said quietly. I tiptoed my way to the record player and looked at it. "Wow," I whispered. "It's the same one from Ghost." I made a mischievous smirk on my face as I placed the record on the record player. The beginning of the song "Walk" by Pantera blasted on. I turned around and saw both of my teachers pop open their eyes. "Damn!" Mr. Mikami shouted as he got up. "What the hell?!" Ms. Hirota asked as she got up. "What the hell is going on?!" Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota looked at me. "Marie?" Mr. Mikami asked. "What just happened?!" I took the headshell off of the record. "You fell asleep on the floor," I answered. "Or should I say...when I walked in you were both sleeping on the floor." Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota dusted themselves off. "Good to know," Mr. Mikami said to me. "Anyway,..." "I'll sleep in the living room with Taro," I interrupted him. "You two can sleep in your beds tonight." 

Ms. Hirota pushed her short hair back. "Are you sure, sweetie?" she asked. I nodded. "I'm sure," I answered. "I'll just stay up and watch some TV before I go to sleep." "Okay," Mr. Mikami said as he placed his arm around Ms. Hirota. "But be sure not to stay up too late." "I won't," I assured Mr. Mikami. "Good night," he told me. "Good night," I said back as I watched Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota go up the stairs. "Sweet dreams," Ms. Hirota told me. "You two," I said back to her. I waited till they were both upstairs until I turned the TV on. When I turned the TV on, I saw that Hellsing was on. "Yes!" I cheered in a loud whisper. I sat there and continued to watch the opening right when Taro jumped onto the couch right next to me. "Hey, Taro," I greeted him. Taro got on top of me and started kissing me. I laughed as Taro kissed me. "Taro," I said to him. "Down, boy. I want to watch Hellsing." After I told Taro that, he got the message and got off of me. With him off of me, I was now able to watch the episode of Hellsing in Peace as the end of the intro came near.

MEANWHILE... 

                                                                       MINAKO (MS. HIROTA)

I was in bed with Kaito. We didn't have the TV on, but we were both reading mangas of Final Fantasy VII. "Do you think about what happened to Mei and Jirou sometimes?" I asked Kaito. "Sometimes," he answered. "I still don't know what caused the onsen to boil out of control like that. It doesn't make that much sense. A malfunction in a bath from a Sento makes more sense than that does." I placed my book on the shelf and looked at Kaito. "I'm curious about what Pauline was talking about with Marie," I told him. "Probably nothing we need to know," Kaito commented. "It was some serious girl talk." I slightly tilted my head. "You thought that it was nothing?" I asked. Kaito shrugged his shoulders. "Pretty much," he answered. "I get the feeling that something was off about their conversation," I told him. Kaito placed his book down and looked at me. "Honey, they're teenagers," he reminded me. "You remember what it was like to be a teenager in high school too, don't you?"