Post Chapter Thirty-Two: Paparazzis, Brothers, and A Party???

JANUARY 27, 2006

AROUND 10:30 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                             MARIE 

I was sitting in a cafe with Vincent and Kyrie. It was similar to the Coffee Beanery like in Final Destination, but it had ice cream too. I didn't really remember the name of the cafe, but it seemed like a nice place to go out and eat with friends. "Anyway, Marie," Kyrie began. "This is the best cafe a.k.a restaurant in town. It's almost like the Coffee Beanery, except it's got sushi, burgers, french fries, chicken, pizza, salads, cake, and ice cream. Can you believe it?" I nodded. "Oh yeah," I answered. "I believe it."  After I told Kyrie that, an African American woman with her black hair all braided and wearing a tuxedo with a bow tie came to our table. "Hi, my name is Shontelle and I'll be your waitress for today," she said. 

Just then, her eyes widened and she let out a gasp. "Oh my God," Shontelle said. "Vincent! Kyrie! How've you been?" "Oh, we've been good," Vincent answered. "It's been a while, Shontelle." "Yeah, we haven't come in a few weeks," Kyrie added. "I know," Shontelle replied. "It's very nice of you two to come." She looked straight at me. "Oh hey," she continued. "I don't think we've ever met before." Shontelle held out her hand once she saw me. "I'm Shontelle," she continued. "I'm Marie," I said as I took her hand and shook it for a few seconds. "Anyway, what can I get for you today?" Shontelle asked. "Let me guess, Vincent...a dark chocolate frappuccino with dark chocolate skulls with vanilla ice cream inside?" Vincent nodded. "You know me too well, Shontelle," he answered. "Yeah," she laughed as she wrote what she wanted down on her green notepad before looking at Kyrie. "And what would you like, Kyrie?" she asked. 

"Hmm," Kyrie said as she thought about what she wanted. "A small strawberry sundae please with a strawberry frappucino, please." "I gotcha girl," Shontelle said. Kyrie laughed after Shontelle said that. I watched as she wrote down her orders on her notepad before looking at me. "And for you?" she asked. "I think I'll have a small chocolate sundae with a dark chocolate frappuccino, please," I answered. "Okay," Shontelle said as she wrote it all down. "And would you like some dark chocolate skulls on your ice cream?" I nodded. "Yes, please," I answered. Shontelle wrote it down on her notepad. "Okay, got it all," she said out loud before looking back at us. "Anyway, your desserts and coffee will be ready shortly." We all handed Shontelle our menus before she walked away. After she did that, Vincent, Kyrie, and I looked at each other. 

"Anyway," Vincent said. "Are you girls still excited for the Misa Misa Legacy Party next week?" I nodded and watched Kyrie nod her head like a bobblehead. "Of course," she answered. "But not as excited for Commander Aizawa's anniversary party." "I'm excited for both of them, too," I told Vincent and Kyrie. "Also, I have been getting quite a few looks out in public. Not just because I'm a Goth, but more than likely it's probably because they know I'm the girl that had the vision who tried to save a whole lot of people, and yet half of them are in the hospital with no life expectancy." "Hey," Vincent said out loud. "Marie, if you are a fan of superheroes, which I'm guessing that you are...you know that the hardest thing is that you can't save everybody. I mean, look at Spider-Man. He couldn't save his Uncle Ben even with superpowers. It happened to me once, but I..." Vincent looked like he was about to cry. "I don't think I should get into it," he told me. Kyrie placed her arm around Vincent. "It's okay," she told him. 

That's when Shontelle came back with our desserts on a tray with wheels. "Okay, here's your dark chocolate frappuccino and your vanilla ice cream dark chocolate-covered skulls, Vincent," she said as she handed it to them. Shontelle then noticed that Vincent still looked down. "Is everything okay?" she asked. Kyrie turned and looked at Shontelle. "Yes, it's alright," she answered. "It's just a bad memory that Vincent still hasn't recovered from." Shontelle looked at Kyrie for a moment before slowly nodding. "Oh, okay," she said. "Anyway..." Shontelle placed Kyrie's strawberry frappe and strawberry sundae down. "Here's your strawberry dessert feast, Kyrie," she continued. Shontelle then turned and picked up a dark chocolate frappe and chocolate sundae which had three dark chocolate skulls on it. "And here's your food, Marie." "Thank you," I told her. "Anyway, I hope I'm not bothering you," she began. "But I think I recognize you."