Chapter 65: A Slap to the Face

FEBRUARY 19, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 9:00 AM 

                                                                                       MARIE 

I sat down in the bleachers with my friends at the football stadium even though it was a Saturday. "What are we doing here on a Sunday?" Kyrie asked. "I don't know," Vincent answered. "But it must be something important." "Considering that Mr. Mikami and I almost drowned last night while trying to get out of the room," I began. "It must be important." Kyrie and Vincent looked at me with confused looks on their faces. "What?" Vincent asked. "Again?" "How did you and Mr. Mikami almost drown if the eleventh floor was on fire?" Kyrie asked. "We had to escape through an underwater hatch that led to the wave pool," I answered. "We were underwater for quite some time, but not as long as Vincent and I were in the crypt that one night. Mr. Mikami and I kept our consciousness the whole time. I was so scared that he was going to lose consciousness like Vincent was." "He could have died," Kyrie commented. "I thought that I was going to die," Vincent added. "I thought that we were both going to die." "Thankfully, the both of you didn't," Kyrie informed us. "Now all that we need to do is listen to what Mr. Mikami has to tell us." 

We watched as Mr. Mikami, Ms. Hirota, Ms. Seraphim, and Turner walked onto the football field. "Good morning, students," Mr. Mikami greeted us. "Today I have called you all here to bring some unfortunate news." Everyone chattered to each other after he said that. "What is he talking about?" Kyrie asked. "Could it have something to do with the building on fire yesterday?" "I hope not," I answered. We all listened closely to what Mr. Mikami had to say. "Unfortunately, we have some people who are trying to shut us down," Mr. Mikami announced. We all gasped after Mr. Mikami said that. "And the only way to stop our schools from being shut down is if we reopen all schools by Monday," he continued. We all gasped again after Mr. Mikami said that. "But, Mr. Mikami!" I heard a female student shout. "Our school is destroyed! What are we going to do?" "Don't worry," Mr. Mikami answered. "We're not going to be going back to school any time soon. But we will continue to do volunteer work." 

"Hold up!" we heard a familiar voice call out. We saw a familiar face get up from the front bleachers. I sat back in my seat when I realized that it was Geffrey. Oh no, this isn't good. What is that jerk up to now? I thought to myself. 

                                                                           KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

We watched as Geffrey rushed down to the football field. "You mean to tell us that we get to do all of this assigned work jobs than to go back to school?" he asked. "Geffrey, please go back to the bleachers and sit down," I demanded. "I don't have time for one of your shenanigans today." "Well, how about that, huh?" Geffrey asked. "You're practically glorifying child labor." "Child labor?" I asked. I scoffed. "In case you forgot, the school that you go to is completely demolished." I reminded Geffrey. "And until the police discover how the school collapsed, we can't rebuild the school." Geffrey scoffed. "What a great excuse, you child exploiter," he rudely commented. "It's no wonder why I didn't end up liking you. You're just like Teru Mikami." I heard Minako gasp after he said that. 

I clenched my fist and growled. "THAT'S IT!" I yelled. "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I ALLOWED ANYONE LIKE YOU INTO ONE OF MY SCHOOLS!" I sharply exhaled. "I tried being nice to you," I told Geffrey. "I've been nothing but nice to you. I tried giving you a chance, but all this time, you've been disrespectful, mean, uncaring, and selfish, Geffrey! You bullied Marie, you came into the school wearing shirts with naked people on them, you wrote very inappropriate essays in my class, you threw one of our guests off a roof into a pool, you've been mean to the people at the nursing homes, and YOU RUINED THE VALENTINE'S DAY DANCE BY THROWING FAKE BLOOD ON EVERYONE USING THE GODDAMN FIRE ALARM!" I took a breath. "I had it with you, Geffrey!" I continued. "Kazuo didn't want to do this, I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice, young man. You're expelled for good!" Geffrey placed his hands on his hips.