Chapter 97 (P2): The First Half of the Day in Yokohama

MARCH 28, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 7:00 AM 

                                                                                       MARIE 

I woke up to hear an alarm clock going off. I listened to the sound and searched for it. It sounded like it was coming from my left. I turned to my left and put the alarm clock on snooze. I heard the sound of someone knocking on the door. "Rise and shine," I heard someone from the room call out. "We've got a big day today." "We're up!" I heard Kyrie shout. I got up and uncovered myself before I made my way to wake up Alissa and Hailey. "Hey, guys," I called out. "It's time to wake up." I watched as Alissa and Hailey woke up. Alissa let out a moan. "What time is it?" she asked. "Seven o' one," I answered. "Rise and Shine, Sleeping Beauty." I looked at Hailey. "You too, Ariel," I continued. 

                                                                                    HAILEY (ARIEL) 

I got out of bed and softly nudged at Alissa's shoulder. "I'm up, I'm up," she said in a groggy tone. "You don't seem like you're getting up," I said to her. "I'm getting up," Alissa said right before she sat up in the bed and looked at me. "Happy now?" she asked. I slowly nodded. "I've been happier," I answered. "Now, let's go eat breakfast." 

AT 8:00 AM 

                                                                                      MARIE 

I was eating breakfast with everyone in the cafeteria. The breakfast today was muffins. It was okay because the muffins were huge. Enough to fill someone up. I got a blueberry muffin and Mr. Mikami got a cherry muffin. "Is your muffin good?" I asked him. "Yes," he answered. "How about yours?" I nodded. "Delicious," I answered. "I just wish Christy were here." "I haven't heard from her or Steve lately," Mr. Mikami said to me. "How are they doing?" "They're working on a new album together," I answered. "Their boss is keeping them at work for a long time and I wasn't able to wish Christy a happy birthday this year." "Aw," Mr. Mikami let out. "I'm sorry about that." "That morning I met Marlene and I slept until eleven o'clock..." I said to Mr. Mikami before I realized something. "Christy and Marlene have the same birthday," I let out. Mr. Mikami gave me that look. "For real?" he asked. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "March 12, 1987 is when Christy was born and March 12, 2006 is when Marlene was born. It's like my birthday February 28th." Mr. Mikami made a confused look on his face. "What do you mean?" I asked. "My birthday is February 28, 1989, and I share the same birthday with someone I'm not happy with." "Who?" Mr. Mikami asked. "A famous serial killer who died recently...like over a year ago," I answered. 

"Oh," Mr. Mikami let out as he nodded. "Him." "Light Yagami," I reminded Mr. Mikami. "I understand," Mr. Mikami told me. I looked around for Ms. Hirota. "Anyway, where's Ms. Hirota at?" I asked. "I don't know," Mr. Mikami answered. "She's with Niko. Maybe they got breakfast somewhere." I slowly nodded. "Oh," I let out. "Should I give her a call?" "Why?" Mr. Mikami asked. Seconds later, Ms. Hirota joined our table with a blueberry muffin on her plate. "Oh, good morning, dear," Mr. Mikami greeted her. "Good morning," Ms. Hirota greeted him back. "So, what are we talking about?" "I have the same birthday with..." I tried to tell Ms. Hirota. "She doesn't need to know that," Mr. Mikami interrupted me. "Doesn't need to know what?" Ms. Hirota asked. Mr. Mikami hesitated which made Ms. Hirota widen her eyes. "Marie shares the same birthday with someone who's..." he answered. "Nevermind. Anyway, how's Niko?" Ms. Hirota sighed. "She's doing okay," she answered. "Healthwise and money-wise, yes. She's getting some complaints about some people bathing naked in the bath water. The man she hired was getting yelled at by women who saw some other women naked in the bathwater."