Chapter 90: Breakfast, Another Letter, and Cake

MARCH 11, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 8:00 PM

                                                                                  MARIE

I woke up feeling something sniffing at my face. When I woke up, I saw Taro right there beside me continuing to sniff at my face. When he saw that I was awake, Taro began to kiss me continuously. I laughed as Taro kissed me. "Taro, stop," I told him. "That tickles." Taro stopped kissing me seconds later. I sat up in the bed and noticed that it was morning. "Huh?" I asked as I looked out the window. "Hey, it's morning." I looked at Taro. "We should wake up Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota. Do you know where they are?" Taro jumped off the bed and barked. I got out of bed and followed him downstairs. When I got into the living room, I saw Ms. Hirota sleeping on the couch fully clothed and Mr. Mikami sleeping on the floor who was also fully clothed. I approached Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota. "Wake up, you two," I told them. "It's morning. Wakey, wakey, eggs, and bacon." I watched as Ms. Hirota woke up first. "Good morning," I greeted Ms. Hirota. "Good morning," she greeted me back in a groggy tone. I watched as she stretched her arms out and yawned. "Oh, dear," she let out after she yawned. "I'm very sorry. Oh, Marie. I'm very sorry. I'm not the one who makes breakfast. Mr. Mikami does."

We both looked at Mr. Mikami. He looked like he was sleeping peacefully. (A little too peaceful because he was drooling.) I watched as Ms. Hirota got up from the couch and bent down beside him. "Good morning, honey," Ms. Hirota greeted Mr. Mikami. "It's time to wake up. Wake up, my love. Wakey, wakey. It's such a nice morning." We both watched as Mr. Mikami opened his eyes and grinned at Ms. Hirota. "Good morning, honey," Mr. Mikami greeted her. Ms. Hirota giggled right before she and Mr. Mikami kissed a couple of times. After two kisses, I thought that they would stop right there, but they didn't. Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota continued to kiss their lips continuously. I felt awkward just being there since this wasn't something that people would normally do in front of people. I awkwardly turned around and headed back upstairs. "Hey, Marie," I heard Ms. Hirota call out. "Where are you going?"

I slowly turned around and looked at my teachers. "I thought I should give you both some privacy," I answered. "It's fine," Ms. Hirota said to me. "We're done now." "We got all night tonight," Mr. Mikami said to me. Ms. Hirota bumped her hand against Mr. Mikami's shoulder. "Kaito!" she chided. "Eh..." Mr. Mikami let out. "Or maybe half a night." I walked down the stairs and went back into the living room. "Well," I began. "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a bit hungry." "So am I," Ms. Hirota said to Mr. Mikami. "Oh, well I don't feel like cooking," Mr. Mikami said to the both of us. "Why don't we just go out to eat for breakfast instead?" "Um...okay," I said to Mr. Mikami. "Sounds good to me," Ms. Hirota added.

AT 8:30 AM

                                                                           MARIE

I was in a restaurant with Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota eating breakfast. I had some pancakes and bacon since I didn't want any eggs. Mr. Mikami had an omelet and some bacon. Ms. Hirota had some bacon, an omelet, and a stack of pancakes. I poured some strawberry syrup on my pancakes. Even though my favorite breakfast was waffles with chicken tenders, this restaurant didn't have waffles and they didn't serve chicken tenders until eleven o'clock. I wasn't complaining because I loved pancakes, bacon, and strawberry syrup. "This is delicious," I said to Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota. "It is," Ms. Hirota agreed. "Anyway, what do you want to do after this?" "I should more than likely head home," I answered. "The house is a mess. Dirty dishes, dirty laundry, dirty everything. Anyway, we have one more week and a day left. I should leave the weekends for the cleaning." Mr. Mikami stayed silent for a little bit. "Okay," he said out loud. "Just in case if you want to do anything with me and Ms. Hirota, please hit us up."