Pre Chapter Thirty-Nine: Leaving Early

JANUARY 30, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 12:38 PM

                                                                            MARIE 

I walked into my room since I used my spellbook to use a spell so that I could bring Light and Ryuzaki back home. Once we came home, Light and Ryuzaki went straight to my bed. "What are you guys doing?" I asked. The two didn't respond. Instead, they just went up to my bed and lay down on it. 

                                                                     LIGHT

I looked to my left only to see Ryuzaki lying next to me. I was surprised to find him next to me because I knew that he wouldn't try to sleep in one. The only time he ever slept in a bed was when he slept with me while we were handcuffed together. I quickly sat up in the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked Ryuzaki as he turned and looked at me. "What are you doing?" he asked in a different tone. "I thought you didn't sleep in beds," I answered. "I'm not sleeping in one," Ryuzaki responded. "I'm just lying down in one. There's a complete difference between lying down in a bed and sleeping in it. And besides, the last time I'll probably sleep in a bed is when you placed me in the bed with her." I followed Ryuzaki's gaze and saw Marie there. 

                                                                        MARIE

I placed my arms up as if I was about to shrug and scoffed. "And what is so wrong with that?" I asked Ryuzaki. "Is it because you think you're too cool to sleep in a bed or is it because you don't sleep with girls?" Ryuzaki sat up in my bed and gave me this intense look on his face. "I'll admit," he began. "I've never slept with a girl so I was pretty shocked to find out that I was lying right next to one." I sighed and crossed my arms. "Well, you can thank Light for that," I said as I looked at Light. He scoffed and stood up from the bed. "What?!" he asked. "I thought it would be cute!" "Yeah, only for her to wake up and slap me in the face," Ryuzaki disagreed with Light. "Yeah, because you were placing your hand under my left boob," I informed Ryuzaki. He got up and scoffed at me. "Well how was I supposed to know where your boobs were, Marie?!" he asked. 

"Because that's my bed and I sleep there every night!" I answered. I looked straight at Light. "And next time, don't place a random guy in my bed while I'm sleeping!" Light held his hands up as if someone was pointing a gun at him. "Okay," he told me. "You have my word." I sighed and placed my hands down. "Anyway, I gotta go get Khloe," I told Light and Ryuzaki. "Please find Alex and make sure that he's alright." 

                                                                        LIGHT

I placed my hands down as I watched Marie turn around and make her way back to the closet. Once she did, she placed her left hand on the doorknob, closed her eyes, took a deep breath through her nose, and chanted, "Niko onsen ad me domum." Just then, a flash of silver magic gleamed in the closet. Knowing that something magical was happening, Marie opened her eyes. I watched as she opened the closet and stepped inside. The silver glow grew brighter for a few seconds before it eventually faded away. After I witnessed all that happened, I looked at Ryuzaki and decided that it would be best if I talked to him. "You don't like sleeping with a girl, eh?" I asked. 

Ryuzaki looked up at me. "And why were you in an onsen with a dozen of naked women?" he asked. "I mean, what is Marie paying you for?" I smirked. "She's not paying me anything," I answered. "She's just trying to find a way to bring Misa back to me and just being a teenager." "Yeah, a teenager with a Death Note who has magical powers," Ryuzaki responded. "Don't get me wrong. It's easy to accept that she's a witch, but knowing that she's the current Kira is a whole new level, Light." I knew that Ryuzaki was bound to say that one day. Because throughout ninety-eight percent of his time in Japan, he spent so hard trying to catch Kira. (To catch me, that is) I heard Ryuzaki sigh. "I'm sorry, Light," he told me. "It's just that..." I slightly tilted my head. "It's just what?" I asked. "It's just that I never thought that I would be in a situation like this. I mean, to think that I would go from wanting to catch Kira to working with a teenage witch who actually happens to be the new Kira..."