Chapter 60: Theories, Theories, and the Shinigami Eyes

FEBRUARY 16, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN 

AT 9:00 AM 

                                                                      THIRD PERSON POV

"Death doesn't like to be cheated," a student from Kanto Region American High School read in his essay. "The curse of Kanto Region American High School creeps on starting with the collapse of the school. According to Marie Monroe, all of us were supposed to die when the school fell. However, since she had a vision. She intervened and saved most of us from meeting a gruesome end...or so she thought. Not even a month later, Mei Lee and Jirou Arima were boiled to death in an onsen. The next deaths occurred not even a few days later during the early morning of February 15, 2006. Death possessed the soul of Pauline Rubi and he used her to murder..." 

                                                                          HAILEY (ARIEL) 

I snatched the paper out of Blair's guy friend's hand. "Would you zip it, Candyman?" I asked. "Oh," he chuckled. "I'm sorry. I was just stating a theory since Pauline and Mamoru had died." "Well leave it be, Candyman," I snapped before I ripped his essay into shreds. Blair's friend snickered. "Safe to say that this wasn't my theory," he said as he shook his head. "Everyone on the Internet is going crazy about it." "Alissa had been crying for almost a whole day yesterday when she found out," I told the fake Candyman. "It came as a big shock to her. She never thought that Pauline would do something so extreme." The fake Candyman snickered and shrugged. "Safe to say that I never knew her," he commented before he started laughing. I sighed and crossed my arms. I couldn't believe that someone could be so disrespectful about something like this. First Mei and Jirou had died in an accident. Now Pauline went insane and murdered Mamoru before killing herself. I knew Pauline and Mamoru were planning on having sex when she asked me if I'd ever had it. I told her that I was still a virgin since I didn't want to lie about something like that.

I saw Blair coming up laughing along with her friend. "Nice one, Tony," she told him. I watched as Tony turned around and faced Blair. "Hey there, baby," he greeted her. "How've you been?" I heard footsteps approaching me as I heard Blair laugh. I turned and saw Daemon approaching us. "I've been better," I heard Blair say. "Too bad a girl stashed up a boy before she crushed herself with the garage door." I sighed and looked back at the couple. "Would you too just stop being disrespectful about the two couples that died?" I asked. "Just because they may or may have not had sex prior to their deaths doesn't mean we can be disrespectful about their deaths." I watched as Blair and Tony looked at me. Blair scoffed once she looked into my eyes. "Whatever," she told me. "Just make sure you and Daemon don't interrupt us during another funeral." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Fine," I reluctantly agreed. 

"Be sure to not be so loud at funerals too," I heard Daemon add before I turned and looked at him. "I don't think they'll listen to that," I told Daemon. He sighed. "I don't even know if Alissa and Osuke are coming to work today," Daemon began. "But it'd be better if they didn't." I allowed Daemon to place his arm around me as we walked to the bleachers. "I haven't talked to Osuke lately," he continued. "Have you talked to Alissa?" I shook my head. "She's not picking up," I answered. "She must be really upset." "I can't blame her," Daemon agreed. We found a place to sit in the left column of the stands. "Hey, guys," we heard a familiar voice greet us. We looked at the person sitting below us and saw Osuke. "Osuke?" I asked. "I didn't know you were coming, man," Daemon added. "Is Alissa coming?" Osuke shook his head. "No," he answered. "She's still pretty upset." Osuke sighed. "It's going to be different without Pauline and Mamoru here," he said out loud. "Mamoru wasn't one of my best friends like Jirou, but he was really nice. Pauline was one of Alissa's best friends so I've been around her more."