Post Chapter 74: Teito Hotel

FEBRUARY 23, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

NIGHTTIME 

                                                                                   MARIE

Light and I were in a hotel room at the Teito Hotel. "Can you give me an answer as to why we are staying at a hotel and not going back home?" I asked Light. "With a wound like that, you wouldn't make it that long," Light answered. "You'll pass out sooner or later." Light carried me to the bathroom. "Okay," I told Light. "But aren't we breaking the law right here? I don't think I have the money to pay for this room without Christy getting upset." Light shook his head. "Don't worry about it," he assured me. "It'll be fine. I have the money and it's not from Christy." I gasped once I heard this. "Wait," I said. "You mean you stole some money?!" I was upset with Light because I didn't know if he had stolen some money or not. "No, no," Light answered. "It's not stealing, we're going to give the people back their money once I spend most of it. And besides, I'm spending it selflessly." I was confused after Light said that. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I gave the hotel manager money for the night," Light answered. "So you can't call what I did selfish because I was thinking of you all along." 

I slightly smirked. "Well that's sweet," I told Light. "But don't you think you should have at least taken me to the hospital first?" I asked. "And have someone think that you are the current Kira?" Light asked. "No way. Like it or not, this was the easiest thing to do." Light placed me down on a seat by the shower and I felt uneasy. "We're not going to be taking showers together, are we?" I asked. "Because I don't feel comfortable with taking a shower with someone." Light scoffed. "What is it with you and men?" he asked. "Hope you know that I would never take a shower with you. You can take a shower with Ryuzaki if you'd like." "Ew, gross," I said to Light. "I'm not trying to be mean, but I'd rather not take a shower with him. It's so uncomfortable to sleep right beside him and I'm not saying that because he's weird. It's not like I don't like weird men. I do, but I don't like him in that kind of way." Light smirked. "You did try to kiss him, right?" he asked as he undid my bandage. I nodded. "Well, yes," I answered. "But that's because..." I softly groaned in pain as Light undid my bandage. 

"Sorry," Light said. "Can I have your purse for a minute?" I took off my skull purse and handed it to Light. I watched as Light took out my spellbook and flipped through the pages until he found one that he liked. "Here we are," he said. Light placed his right hand on my wound and took a breath before he said a spell in Latin: 

"Sana vulnus

Dissipate sanguinem

Mortem Mariae casus minuere"

After he said that, my wound disappeared as if it was never there at all. I moved my left leg a little bit so I could see if it hurt or not. To my surprise and luck, it didn't. I wasn't hurting at all. "Wow," I let out. "You're amazing, Light. I didn't know that my spellbook contained so many interesting spells." Light nodded. "I know," Light told me. "Thanks. I think you're amazing too." Light and I smiled at each other for a little bit. "Well, if you don't mind," he began. "You might want to get out since I might as well take a bath." I widened my eyes after I heard Light say that. I did not expect him to say that when we were in a bathroom. "Okay," I said before I left the bathroom. 

Once I left Light in the bathroom, I heard him shut the door and lock it. I went to the bed on the right and lay down on it. I sighed after a long night. It wasn't a very great night, but at least I survived and thankfully, Light saved me along with the lives of so many other innocent people. For a while, I believed that Light was truly evil after what he became, but after getting to know him, I started to believe that his goal of creating a new world became an obsession. This is what led him down the wrong path and led him to his downfall. Sometimes, I wonder what would happen if Light had never found the Death Note. He would have never become the infamous serial killer the world now knows as Kira. However, what if someone like Kyosuke Higuchi would have found the Death Note? No telling how many innocent lives would be lost. True, there were many innocent lives lost, but if it were Higuchi, then I fear that more lives would be lost. I knew that if Teru Mikami had picked up the Death Note, he wouldn't have done anything that Higuchi would have done, but I'm afraid that he would have gone down the same path that his God went down. As Alessandro Juliani said, Light Yagami went down the wrong path and before he knew it, it was far too late. The same would have happened to Teru Mikami even if Light had never found the Death Note.