Post-Chapter Fifteen: After School with Vincent, Kyrie, and Marie

JANUARY 17, 2006

AROUND 4:30 PM

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                             VINCENT

"What do you mean, "you don't know"?" I sensitively asked Ryuk. "For the fifth and last time!" he answered in an annoyed tone. "I don't know means I don't know!" He then took the apple from my hands and ate it. "Mmm," he said. "This is a good apple. It's so delicious." I watched as he continued to eat the apple until he swallowed it. Ryuk then turned his head and looked at me. "Who gave you this apple?" he asked. "Just a new girl from school," I answered. "New girl, huh?" Ryuk asked. "Well tell her that I appreciate the kind gesture, Vince." "I will," I promised Ryuk. As I was talking to Ryuk, I noticed Kyrie come out of the dining room. "Hey, Vince," she said. "What are you and Ryuk talking about?" "New girl," Ryuk answered. "She was kind to offer me an apple." Midora entered the room behind her. "Well, wasn't that sweet," she said. "You two are friends with the new girl." 

Kyrie and I looked at Midora with a confused look. "What?" she asked. "Why are you two looking at me like that?" "Uh..." Kyrie began. "We're not exactly friends with her, but we did talk to her today," she answered. "Oh," Midora said. "That's a shame. I hear the new girls are usually pretty sweet." "She's right," Ryuk agreed. "Maybe you could try talking to her tomorrow and maybe Midora can find out where her boyfriend, Sidoh is." "Ooh...you have a boyfriend, Midora?" Kyrie asked in a teasing way. Midora sighed and answered. "Yes, Sidoh and I are dating," "Ooh wee!" Ryuk cried out. We all turned and looked at him. "I knew you would confess one day!" Midora glared at Ryuk. "You're just jealous because you never got to confess to the lady of your dreams," Midora argued. "Hey!" I shouted. Everyone looked at me. "That's enough from both of you!" Ryuk took the remote for the TV. "Hey, I have an idea!" he boasted. "Why don't you sit with the new girl tomorrow? I wanna have a taste of her apples!" Kyrie crossed her arms and glared at Ryuk. "Ryuk, if we do sit with her tomorrow, it's going to be because we wanna be friends with her and get to know her!" she boasted. "Not so we can give you her apples!" 

"Also, did you hear about what happened to the Shinigami that broke free almost a week ago, Midora?" Ryuk asked. "Why do you think we're here?" Midora asked. "We have to track him down before he causes havoc in this world just because he wants to find out what happened to his girlfriend and try to use someone so that person can give her back to him!" "No way!" Kyrie gasped. "Another Shinigami is here too?! How exciting!" "No!" Ryuk said before he stood up from the couch. "No, not cool, Kyrie!" he reminded her. "If this Shinigami finds someone who has the power to see his girlfriend and track her down so that they can be together again, he'll illuminate them! We have to find him and stop that dude!" "But wouldn't a romantic reunion be perfect between this Shinigami and his girlfriend?" Kyrie asked. "Yes," Midora answered before we turned around and looked at her. "But it wouldn't be a happy ending for that person who reunites them. Which is why we have to stop him." Ryuk rolled his eyes and took a bite from another apple. "What if it's too late for that?" he asked. Kyrie and I turned and looked at Ryuk. "Maybe he'll decide he won't want to kill that person and probably develop a bond between them which would stop him from wanting to kill that person and decide that he doesn't need to illuminate them anymore," he told us. "It works in the movies and in books so it's gotta work in real life." 

Midora had her mouth wide open after Ryuk said that. "Wow!" she gasped. "That's inaccurate because real life isn't like in the movies or books." "Give it time," Ryuk suggested. "He'll change  when he gets to know that certain someone and come to the realization that he doesn't need to kill him or her because he suddenly cares about that certain person who has that power."  "Cool," I said. "But what does this have to do with Misa Amane and what happened with her?" Ryuk looked at me. "That's for us to know and for you two to find out." He turned on the TV and watched a football game as he ate apple-flavored popcorn. "No, seriously!" I complained. "What happened to Misa Amane? Where is she?" Ryuk growled and slammed his apple-flavored popcorn down on the table. "Vincent, why must I keep telling you if I don't know?" he asked more annoyed than the last time. "But if you really must know is that the last time we saw her was above the ledge of a tall building. We don't know if she committed suicide or not. None of us can detect the chances of her being dead or alive. Anyway, if she's alive, she's probably suffering a lot right now since she lost Light and if she's dead, then just let her rest in peace."