Chapter Twenty-Four (4th Part): A Second Chance/The School's Gonna Collapse!

JANUARY 24, 2006

AROUND 8:20 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                     MARIE

I popped my eyes open and woke up in my seat heavily breathing as if I had just had a nightmare. (Because I did just have a nightmare) I looked down at myself while heavily breathing in fear and saw that I had no wounds or scratches on me. "Is everything okay, Marie?" I heard Mr. Mikami ask. "We have to get out," I said quietly. "I beg your pardon?" Mr. Mikami asked. "We have to get out," I said a little bit louder. "Can't believe that she was trying to sleep in my class," I heard Mr. Yamamoto say. I then looked at Principal Mizuki. "We can do whatever we want like playing on our flip phones, DS, PSPs, work on homework, or take a nap right?" I asked in a panicked tone. Principal Mizuki's eyes widened and he didn't say anything. He nodded nervously. "Yeah," he answered. "I was about to say that." I then looked at Mr. Mikami. "Haikus?" I asked. "Haikus for fun." "You have gotta be kidding me," Mr. Yamamoto complained. Mr. Mikami was dumbfounded right after I told him that. "Uh...yeah," he answered. "Did you wanna write one?" 

"Ooh, I would like one!" Alissa said. "Me too!" Osuke said as he held his hand up. "I would like one too!" Melody said holding her hand up. I started to heavily breathe in and out of my mouth in fear when I watched the exact same thing unfold in both of my visions. The exact same words that Mr. Mikami said to the people who wanted to write haikus for fun and Mr. Yamamoto's comment about what Mr. Mikami was allowing rang through my head as I watched Alissa, Osuke, and this couple that I haven't...NO! It was Hailey and Daemon! "Hailey and Daemon," I said out loud. Everybody in the haiku line turned around so that they could look at me. "Oh," Mr. Mikami said as he looked at me. "Yes, do you know them?" Hailey nodded nervously. "Yeah," she told me. "How exactly do you know our names?" I then turned to the girls at the table who talked about Commander Aizawa's and his wife's anniversary party in both of my visions. "Kind of dark that Commander Aizawa and his wife are having their anniversary party on the same day that Teru Mikami and Light Yagami died," I said out loud. 

This seemed to get the girls' attention since they turned around and made confused looks on their faces. "Do you think it's kind of dark that Commander Aizawa's and his wife's anniversary party is going to be on the same day that Teru Mikami and Light Yagami died?" The girls looked at each other with confusion and they did seem a little bit concerned after I said that. "Yeah," one of the girls answered. "We were just talking about that." I then started looking to my left and right while still heavily breathing. "Marie, please calm down," Mr. Mikami begged. "It's okay, Marie," I heard Ms. Hirota say. I continued to heavily breathe in and out through my mouth in fear. "Somebody Told Me," I said out loud. "What?" I heard Mr. Mikami ask. "The song by The Killers," I said again. That's when we all heard...

"Somebody Told Me

That you had a boyfriend

That looked like a girlfriend that

I had in February of last year" 

I saw Principal Mizuki with a boombox before he unplugged it. "Sorry," he said to us. I watched as Principal Mizuki looked at me. "Marie, are you okay?" he asked. I ignored his question and looked around the room. "Cute Without the E," I said out loud. "Taking Back Sunday." "Marie, what are you talking about?" Mr. Mikami asked. "Where is it? Where is it?" I asked.  I turned around and looked at Melody. "Melody, your phone!" I reminded her. That's when we heard: 

"Your lipstick, his collar

Don't bother, angel

I know exactly what goes on"