Chapter 100: The Kids Aren't Alright

MARCH 29, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 10:00 PM 

                                                                             KAITO (MR. MIKAMI) 

I was busy making up the bed as Minako brushed her hair. "Did you watch the news at Jenny's place?" I asked. "Oh yeah," Minako answered. "That was terrible. Who places dynamite and a bomb underneath a building? It's sickening. Whoever did such a thing should be given the death penalty." "You got that right, my love," I commented as I placed the sheet on the bed. "I don't know who would do something like this. Usually, the people who hate what I've done to Japan only go after me." Minako looked at me with a glare. "What?" I asked with my arms up. "It's true. One guy was scared that his daughter was going to move to America after she graduated high school so he poisoned me. About a year later, when I bid everyone a good summer before they came back the next year, some guy shot me several times. I thought I was going to die, but thankfully, I didn't." Minako sighed. "And I'm thankful for that," she said to me. 

I placed the comforter on the bed. "The bedsheets look nice," Minako told me. "It's the same color as Cinderella's dress," I reminded her. "Your favorite Cinderella, that is." Minako placed her hands on the blanket. "It's cotton, right?" Minako asked. "The bedsheets, yes," I answered. "The color is blue, but not Princess Aurora blue, it's Cinderella blue," I remembered that Cinderella's dress wasn't actually blue. "Only except her dress is silver, not blue," I reminded Minako. "It's blue," Minako disagreed with me. "Silvery blue. Light blue. Not as dark as Princess Aurora's dress blue." I sighed. "A dream is a wish your heart makes, darling," I commented. "So...it's silvery blue."

"

Minako smiled at me after I said that. I got into bed and watched as Minako began to brush her hair again without getting into the bed. "Did you call Marie today?" I asked. I was a bit surprised to hear Minako say that. "Uh...yeah," I answered. "I did. I wanted to check on her since she was pretty upset after Daemon died. Not to mention that Near was shaking after all of that."  "Aw, poor thing," Minako said out loud. "Anyway, that's when Turner calls me into the room and I see the news report saying that the police had found dynamite connected to a homemade explosion device. That's when I heard Marie say something about Misa which I found very weird. Don't get me wrong. The internet has made up weird conspiracies about her being alive but placed in a mental asylum. Some people believe that Misa is still very much alive and it just...gets me confused." 

                                                                             MINAKO (MS. HIROTA) 

I went up to our bed but didn't get in it. I sighed. "Kaito, I know that this whole thing with Misa is confusing and all," I began. "But listen to me. I know what happened." I watched as Kaito made a confused look on his face. "You do?" he asked. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. I got into bed and prepared to tell Kaito the truth. "Those rumors on the internet about Misa Amane..." I began. "Are true." Kaito softly gasped after he heard that. "What?" he asked. "How did you know that?" "Halle told me," I answered. "Everyone who went against Light Yagami when he was Kira knows that Misa's still alive. Truth be told, Misa was about to kill herself, but Chief Matsuda talked her out of it. She almost slipped off the building and that's when she started screaming for help. She even went as far as to scream out that she didn't want to die. Thankfully, Misa was brought back up and was placed in handcuffs. She spent a little bit in prison, but then she started to freak out the other inmates so she was placed in a mental asylum in Shibuya."